PDA

View Full Version : Workout Clothes/Sneakers

elvisfan
01-01-2004, 01:33 AM
Can anyone tell me where I could find workout clothes that could segue into regular clothes easily? I hate to spend extra money on clothes *just* for workouts.
Also, I need a recommendation for good sneakers under $100..Help!!!!!!

alleyoop
01-01-2004, 12:04 PM
I think that it depends on the bod... but I LOVE my HIND Munich running pants! They are tighter than sweats, but looser than tights and thinner. Even though I look rather lumpy in them, I have been known to throw on a sweatshirt and go to the store. Totally worth the price! Shoes are so personal, but I wear a pair of New Balance for $79.

My favorite sporting cloths are at www.title9sports.com

houseof3boys
01-01-2004, 03:34 PM
You know I was in Marshall's yesterday and they had a ton of yoga stuff that was very street worthy and exercise friendly. I didn't see anything in my size but they had tons of racks that are worth checking out. I would have bought 3 or 4 outfits if they would have had them in my size!!!

MartiesMom2B
01-01-2004, 10:51 PM
I have to agree with Debbie on the yoga clothes. They tend to be able to pass. What I look for in an exercise pant is a bit of flare at the end of the pants.

I personally like New Balance sneakers too.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

jenmcadams
01-02-2004, 02:22 PM
I'll put a plug in for my absolute favorite catalog in the world...Title 9 Sports. Their stuff tends to be a little pricey, but lasts forever and could definitely transition into casual attire. If you're lucky enough to live near a store (there aren't many, I think just in CO and the Bay Area) then you can try stuff on, otherwise their return process is pretty easy and their customer service is the best. The website is www.title9sports.com.

On the shoe front, it really depends on what you're looking for. If you're thinking about Jogging or Walking, I highly recommend going into a running-specific store and bringing a pair of old sneakers. Most running store sales people, can look at the wear pattern on the sneakers and give you some advice on what shoe to buy based on the way your foot falls. They may also watch you walk and jog and use that to give you advice. If you're thinking about an all-around sports fitness shoe, I don't have as much advice. Either way there are tons of great choices in the <$100 range. You should be able to find something great.

Good luck!

mamahill
01-02-2004, 02:54 PM
I just bought some sweats and yoga pants from Gap and they are great. The yoga pants are fitted through the thigh, and flare after the knee. Both pairs of pants have been to the grocery store.

I'm a big fan of Adidas, and I've never spent more than $85 on them (and usually $50-65). I think I've seen sneakers at Costco, but I don't know what kind they were.

JMarie
01-02-2004, 09:19 PM
I have quite a few pieces from Adidas that I like, although lately, most of their female offerings have been baby-pink and that's just not me. As far as shoes, I've recently switched to Asics and love them - I'm an over-pronator (my ankles tend to turn in) and they correct that problem for me. I think I spend $30-85, depending on the sale, and I've picked them up everywhere from TJMaxx to Sports Authority. Since I like to run and wear the shoes a lot (and I have a thing against stinky shoes...), I usually have at least six pairs on hand at a time, and I keep them around a year or so. Right now I think I'm at four pairs... I do so love shoes...

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher
01/28/03

MelissaTC
01-05-2004, 01:12 AM
I LOVE yoga pants. And they sell them everywhere, from Marshalls to Target. As far as sneakers go, I bought an awesome pair of Easy Spirit sneaks on sale that were around $50. They are so comfy and supportive. And they don't look geeky at all (that was one of my major criteria-- not to look geeky!!). I bought them right before our trip to Disney in September and I have no complaints at all. Perfect for working out, light running, etc.. They categorize them by activity level and I believe I bought a level 2 or 3. My foot has become a little wide after having Matthew (and bigger too!!) and Easy Spirit carries a variety of widths. I am going there the next time I need sneakers too!

HTH! :)

JulieL
01-05-2004, 03:07 PM
I second, third and fourth on the New Balance shoes. I bought mine over a year and a half ago and they still are great. Although I usually only workout in them so they may keep a longer life than others who wear their sneakers all the time.

I have had great success with Reebok workout clothes. They aren't to tight for me and are modest. Don't know about you but I don't want people to look at me when I am sweating it up, but I do like to be in style as well. So that's what has worked for me.