PDA

View Full Version : SBD-ers: Did you stick to the menus or just the recipes?

mamahill
01-02-2004, 11:24 PM
I'm toying with the idea of loosely following the menu plan by substituting different recipes in Phase 1 for some of the stuff. So my question is, did you follow the meal plans for each day, or did you use the recipes. I'd rather have one of their salads every day (substituting the grilled chicken or tuna or crab, etc) rather than have something different every morning. It would make shopping a lot easier.

I've already started stocking more veggies and DH's first comment was, "Are we feeding rabbits?"

egoldber
01-04-2004, 12:47 AM
At first, I followed the recipes (but not the menus), just until I had a sense of what a meal "should" look like. Now I just eat from the "approved" food lists. But DH and I have basically settled into a routine of:

breakfast: 2 eggs and veggies

lunch: big salad with 3-4 ounces of lean protein, sometimes a whole grain carb on the side. Or I sometimes have soup and salad.

dinner: 4-6 ounces of lean protein, big veggie side and a side salad, sometimes a whole grain carb instead of OR in addition to the side salad

For snacks, we still eat lots of nuts and cheese sticks, but I sometimes also have fruit and yogurt or a high fiber cereal for snack.

I have found I cannot eat cereal at breakfast time, or I'm starving all day.

And yes, you need a LOT of vegetables! :)

Edited for clarity. :)