PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done WW while breastfeeding & been successful?

pritchettzoo
01-05-2004, 12:51 AM
I need to do something structured. I'm thinking of doing the online version. Any suggestions?

Also, do you know of any specials? Do you get bonus points for recruiting new people? :)

Thanks!
Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

cinrein
01-05-2004, 09:54 AM
I did WW online before I got pregnant. Although you can BF and do WW, the online version wasn't set up to handle the extra points you get for BFing. They may have changed the online version, but I would check before you sign up.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

heytootsy
01-05-2004, 11:56 AM
They don't have an online version for BF. I signed up anyway, and just added 10 points to the diet. I have been on it for 4 weeks, and have lost 7 pounds (I am taking it real slow because of breastfeeding.)

peanut4us
01-05-2004, 04:49 PM
yes, I did WW while I bfed and no I didn't lose weight. Seriously, I lost and gained the same darn 5 pounds! Ack! But I also seem to be one of the freakish people whose weight doesn't magically melt off of my body just because I bf! (A little bitter, can you tell?). In any case... having said that, i still think that WW is the way to go. It's all about being healthy and finding good motivation to make good decisions.

If you are going to do it, I would strongly suggest do a live one, not online. Half the "structure" is the meetings. You have to weigh in once a week and somebody else's eyes see where you are... There's no telling yourself... it's not so bad. They write it down for you too. Then the actual meeting. I find what the leaders introduce and add to be pretty hoaky, but I really get a lot from the comments of the group. Just my 2 cents worth. I know in my area they have special meetings where you can bring your babies if you don't have a sitter.

And as far as referral bonuses, don't I wish. It's a franchised dealy. So what is true in my area might not be in yours, yada yada. I would call your local group and ask what their special is. I'm sure they've got something going since it's January.

Good luck!

sweetbasil
01-14-2004, 10:07 PM
Ditto everything Joey said...I'm a lifetime member of WW, and have gone after both boys were born. Well, I lost the first part of my weight both times, but always keep on the last 15# of my pregnancy weight gain on until I've weaned. Clearly, I'm quite the gainer when pg--- 58# w/Kellen and 50# w/Charlie. Ugh.

What's left is just my body's emergency reserve, I guess, but I've heard that's pretty common for bfing mommas in WW. Every time I work out, eat well, etc. (which I try to do daily!), and then have a low-or no-loss weigh-in at WW, DH reminds me that it'll all be that much easier to drop off once DS#2 isn't bfing anymore. I'd better be skinny minnie by late summer ;)

Best wishes,

MartiesMom2B
01-16-2004, 02:04 PM
I've lost over 50 with WW while breastfeeding. I still need to lose another 15 to be in my weight range, but I am thinner than my pre preg weight.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03