PDA

View Full Version : Posting for the New Year!!! 1/5

JulieL
01-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Sorry gals, I meant to tell you that I was out on vacation last week. That is why I didn't post! DH and I cellebrated our 5th anniversary in Seattle and Victoria, BC without DS. It was a blast!!!:) Although I missed DS who stayed with the grandparents it gave us much needed one on one time! ;)

So last week I walked miles apon miles apon miles!!! We opted to vaction without a car. And we went on a hike to Mount Douglas. It was a small mountain about 750 ft elevation but it was very nice and I did work up a sweat.

Now that it is a new year I want to share my success for the year and hope you will share yours. I found my measurements that I took last January and here is my success. Although I only lost about five lbs for the year (and that was my goal as I had achieved a good weight for my body already) I lost 1/2 inch in the upper thigh and 2 inches around my belly button!!! I was shocked that my stomach had lost that much!!! So now that the new year is on and swimming suits are gasp@!*! already out at Target!(@! gasp again!, I vow to keep up my sucess and trim down my belly further this year before we try to get pregnant again and it balloons out once more! Hope your new year was as fun as mine!

lukkykatt
01-05-2004, 04:57 PM
Julie, your vacation sounds heavenly!

I worked out 4x last week, so I am happy about that, especially since it was a holiday week!

My success for the year is that I am now fitting in all my pp clothes, although I still need to lose about 2 or 3 pounds (all around my belly). Tonight I am going to order some ab DVD's so I can target that area (before the holidays my VCR ate my 2 tapes - kind of like the dog ate my homework!)

What I am counting as my other success is that I did finally break down and get into an exercise routine. Setting aside that time for me has really become important. And I thank all of you for the inspiration!

mamahill
01-05-2004, 07:05 PM
What fun, Julie! I wore my pedometer most of the week and found I was averaging about 6,000 steps a day :(. Not good when I'm supposed to get 10,000. And then I was lazy lazy on NYE and New Year's, so that was shot.

But, in keeping with my resolution, I took measurements this morning. Out of curiousity, what are you measuring? I decided to go with bicep, waist, butt, thigh and calf.

And because I'm extra nosy (and that our "babies" have birthdays so close together), I was just wondering if you had an idea of when you'd be ballooning again - LOL! We're thinking toward the end of the year, but I was just curious if our next babies are going to have similar bdays as well!

egoldber
01-05-2004, 09:12 PM
Well we were gone all last week (and some of the week before) and Sarah was sick before that, so its been 3 weeks (ZOIKS!) since I've been to the gym. But I am going tomorrow!!!

On the upside, I lost another pound last week, and managed to stick to my diet almost completely during the holidays, except for the latkas at our Hanukkah party and the bottle of Dom Perignon that DH and I treated ourselves to on NYE!

MartiesMom2B
01-05-2004, 09:27 PM
Well the holiday are over thank goodness. I've gained weight from Thanksgiving until now. I've signed up for WW and am ready to finally get to my goal weight and maintain it.

We got our jogging stroller in and I took it out for a spin last week. It was wonderful. I also found my old pedometer and am going to start wearing it. Sarah, what made you come up 10,000 steps as a goal? Just curious. I'm not sure what a good goal for the pedometer should be.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

JulieL
01-06-2004, 01:36 PM
I measure the following: Upper Thigh, Hips, waist (natural waist line), waist around the navel (my "problem zone")

Here is a great link, one I have used, by Shape magazine. It's actually to pay for there training service. I never buy it but use the body fat % calculator, very good. So here it is, click o n body fat calculator:

http://app.ishape.com/ishape/go.nd/ishapesignup/pgPersonalInfo.1073409829985

As far as ttc again, well the end of this year is the earliest we are going to try. I am getting off Depro vera this month and we are going to use other methods until then so I sappose it could happen earlier. But we are aiming for the end of the year. I would love to get Anthony out of diapers before #2 comes! I have given this lots of thought and I don't want an age difference more than 4 years (if it can be helped) and no less than 3 years. We shall see what God has instore for us! :-) Maybe we will be prego at the same time! Got to flatten this tummy as much as I can before then!

khakismom
01-06-2004, 01:55 PM
My story is similar to Sonia's--holidays were bad for my body and my scale. UGH! But I am firm with my resolution to finally get over this weight thing, THIS year. I am rejoining WW and am back to getting up at the crack o' dawn to hit the gym. So far, so good--have gone 5 out of 6 days this year. :) I have a major weight loss goal and a major event to go with it--a family cruise to the Caribbean in May. Plus we will be TTC later this year, so I need to get my belly down too!