PDA

View Full Version : OMG! I just did one of my new Firm dvds... yowza

peanut4us
01-06-2004, 10:41 AM
OK. I did the aerobic with weights one... and thought at the beginning, maybe I will do what she says for "beginners" since it's a new routine I haven't seen before. I'm so glad I decided that or I would have passed out about half way trhough! Holy hard batman! Also, I'm sure you all are much more graceful and coordinated than I am, but I had such a hard time with the aerobic parts. I think it's because I am used to the Jane Fonda way of doing things where you have at least 8-16 counts of doing the same thing before you add on... on this video it was just 4 counts. I was SO not doing it right. But I was leaping about and getting my heartrate up. It will go better next time.

I've decided to do all 4 videos each week. So tonight will be a new one for me. I'm scared! And excited. it's good to have a workout that kicks your can! Soon I won't be so soft and squishy!

JulieL
01-06-2004, 01:42 PM
YEAH JOEY!!!,
I am excited for you. Oh, and no you aren't the only uncordinated one. It took me a good month to figure the steps out. Let's just say that even the electric slide scares me to death! I have gotten better but not sure if I could ever join a class in fear I would be the class clown for uncontrolable reasons!

mamahill
01-06-2004, 05:10 PM
Way to go! Which DVDs do you have? In my family, all you have to say is, 'I did a Firm this morning for the first time in weeks," and you get a very sympathetic, "Ohhhhh." LOL - happy trying to sit down after doing squats!

peanut4us
01-07-2004, 10:35 AM
OMG! I can barely move this morning. MOnday night I did the Complete Aerobic & Weight Training. Las night I did the Total Sculpt! Ouch! I don't have the stick or the fanny lifter, so I've been using a kitchen chair (not the safest idea) and, wait for it... a broomstick. Makes me want to cackle mid workout!

Have you gotten yours yet? When you do, could you figure out how much the stick weighs... then I'll know whether to use the broom or the mop! Cheers.

JulieL
01-07-2004, 11:11 AM
The sculpting stick weighs 8 lbs. If I were you I would buy a dowel. And when she does squats with the sculpting stick I hold dumbells instead, I get more of a workout that way.

peanut4us
01-07-2004, 01:20 PM
A dowel is a great suggestion... I was, uh, a little [i]dangerous[\i] with the broom and my ceiling fan last night... any thoughts for what I can use to stand on for those mega back lunges? I just know I'm going to break my chair!

JulieL
01-07-2004, 02:40 PM
Just get a rubbermaid foot stool, half of the exercises they take the step apart anyway. Make sure the stool is sturdy though! Have fun!