PDA

View Full Version : Best deal on "The Firm"

smiley76
01-11-2004, 01:55 AM
O.K.. it's time to get back to an exercise routine! I haven't been exercising since DS was conceived (2 years now, Yikes!). It was fine since I lost all the weight (40 lbs mind you) from BFing but now the weight is creeping back up and I can't even blame the pregnancy LOL.
Anyway, I see people here are happy with "The Firm", but it is soo expensive even on ebay! So fitness gurus, here are my questions:

1. Can anyone recommend the best deal? I think I'd like to try "The Firm 2".
2. Are the Fanny lifter and stick really necessary? Did anyone find a good alternative or is it a pain to do the program without it?

Thanks!

JulieL
01-11-2004, 04:56 PM
You can buy a dowel and a rubbermaid stool and use that just fine. Just make sure the stool is VERY sturdy. I believe Target has The Firm System 2, but I am not sure if you can buy the videos w/out the sculpting stick. Buy the way the sculpting stick is primarily for balance. The exercises done with it, such as squats, I use dumbells instead. The scuplting stick is only 8 lbs and for me is not enough for a deep workout on some exercises. Sams and Wal-mart usually carry some of their other workout videos. That may be a cheep way to start out. Buy one video and go from there if you are really tight on money. But personally I did buy one of their older videos and did NOT like it like system 1 or system 2. It's the fanny lifter that is the money killer, I think they want $50 or more - RIP OFF!!! But it is a nice tool. Hey if you don't think the $10 rubbermaid stool is enough for you then you could buy the fanny lifter and say hey at least I tried! I have done both systems and love the Firm. So if you have any other questions shoot! Buy the way buying from www.firmdirect.com is NOT the cheap way to go! But the website may give you more info, or not. Best of luck!

lizamann
01-12-2004, 01:34 AM
I have an old Reebok step. Can this be used in place of a fanny lifter or is it too wide?

JulieL
01-12-2004, 01:41 PM
I think it is to wide for the areobic segments. You could try it though and see if you can improvise.

peanut4us
01-12-2004, 03:01 PM
I bought 3 Firm 2 DVD and 1 Firm Abs only DVD as a 4-pack at costco for $27.99 about 2 weeks ago. I picked up a rubbermaid step for 6.99 at target and I'm using a broom stick (minus the brush part, they unscrew). it's great... you could probably use the lower level of your step for the actual aerobic parts. That's what I'm doing and I love it.

1ontheway
01-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Sam's also has the Firm 2 system (4 DVD's only) for just under $30. I have the fanny lifter from system 1 so I don't know about using a stool. I will probably just buy a dowel or one of the weighted body bars whenever I can work out again to use with system 2.

I agree with a previous poster that while I like the newer Firm videos, I'm not that fond of some of the older sets. However, if you can get past the music and outdated outfits :), they are all intense workouts that really make you feel like you're doing something-not wasting your time. HTH!

Christina
EDD 1/12/04