PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 1/5

JulieL
01-12-2004, 01:39 PM
Well I had a GREAT workout week! I worked out 5 times!!! I did two days of weight training and 3 days of pilates. It was my first time with pilates. I am not sure what I think. Honestly I didn't sweat hardly at all doing them. So I am not sure if it will be effective enough to lose fat. But I did get a good ab workout in them. How are you this new year?

lukkykatt
01-12-2004, 03:32 PM
I managed to get in 4 30 minute workouts, so very happy about that. Still haven't ordered my new DVD's yet - need to! DH will be away ALL week :(, so wish me luck on getting any exercise in this week (or just wish me luck in maintaining sanity!!!)

Edited to add: I did Pilates when I worked out with a trainer, and always felt silly. I was just not for me! I know lots of people love it and it is supposed to be great for abs, though.

JulieL
01-12-2004, 03:45 PM
Boy it better be good for the abs because I too feel so goofy doing these workouts. I don't think I could even do one when DH is around for fear of all the jokes he would make! I hope that you make it through the week all right! Just remember to take it day by day!
:-)

khakismom
01-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Happy Monday all! I did 3 workouts last week so I am very happy about that--1 hour of power-walking.some jogging + 30 minutes upper or lower body (I rotate days). :) Even jumped on the scale and lost 4 pounds! Of course, went to the Chiefs game yesterday where I ate cookies and hamburgers, and drank a few beers. So I hope I didn't negate all the good stuff during the week.

Slept in today, but am shooting for WO 5x this week. I feel like if I can do 4-5 each week, that will get me to my goal. Saturday I will be back at WW. Hope everyone has a great week! :)

MartiesMom2B
01-14-2004, 12:12 PM
We've worked out twice last week. Not as much as I'd like, but Martie came down with a stomach bug, and it's just so hard to get up in the morning to work out after getting up all night. I have my Tae Bo dvd back and I like it as an addition to the Firm.

I had my first weigh in since starting WW online and I've lost 4 lbs!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

JulieL
01-14-2004, 03:29 PM
YEAH SONIA!!!!!!!!!!! Four pounds is a great loss!!! I hope Martie is better this week! Hope this week goes smoother for you!

peanut4us
01-14-2004, 04:10 PM
I had a pretty good week last week. I'm down one pound after working out 4 times. I ate well until a BBQ this last weekend... sigh. But will do better the WHOLE week this week.

Annette_C
01-14-2004, 10:40 PM
After gaining 5 (of the 8 lbs I had lost on SBD) over the holidays, DH and I are back on phase 1. So far, so good.
I was only able to work out 3x last week because I had someone here doing some work (fixing the holes and water damage from a leaky pipe) and didn't have my privacy.
I hope to do better this week.
Sonia, congratulations on your 4 lb. loss!!
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02