PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like/dislike Karen Voight workouts?

peanut4us
01-12-2004, 03:03 PM
Just wondreing... there is a deal at my costco right now where you get 2 dvd workouts with her and a mat and one or two of those ball thingies you sit/lie on for different exercises. All that for $25 this week only. Anyone?

KathyO
01-14-2004, 05:20 PM
I'm no workout pro, but my first video workout was Voight's Great Weighted Workout. I found it pretty good - the music was okay and the pacing was demanding but not killing, there was enough flexibility in the routine to permit making the exercises tougher or easier, and (most important to me) Voight's delivery is low-key and easy to listen to. I _loathe_ shrill little cheerleaders urging me chippily to "feel the burn" and "go for it!" and adding little "woo-hoo!" whoops in the name of fake-o enthusiasm.

And, for what it's worth, when I got regularly into that workout I finally started to peel off that stubborn last 10 preggo pounds. So of course I promptly became pregnant again, but that's another story...

KathyO

peanut4us
01-15-2004, 10:22 AM
Thanks Kathy for your input. I'm going to go ahead and give one of the videos a shot tonight. And I so totally know what you mean about the cheerleading type. I think that's why I like the firm; they are enthusiastic but they don't whoop and holler; they tell you straight out it is hard work!

amp
01-16-2004, 07:48 PM
I have an old Karen Voight video w/ Elle MacPherson (who I can't stand talking about how she needs to work her buns!) on it that I really like. I don't know what people think of her (Karen) these days (my video is about 6 or more yrs old), but I found that I liked her a lot and I still used the video! Okay, well I did before I got pregnant, and I think about using it now.

mamicka
02-02-2004, 12:54 AM
I have a couple, a yoga-type one & a long & lean & something else.... strong something. I love them.