PDA

View Full Version : Dexatrim or other appetite suppressants??

millerpjm
01-15-2004, 12:30 PM
Hi everyone... I was wondering if anyone has used an appetite suppressant such as dexatrim or something similar before? Pros/Cons? I am having a really hard time keeping my sweet tooth in line and was wondering if this would help. Any input/previous experiences would be helpful. Thanks!

Jennifer

Proud mama to Thomas 2/3/03

JulieL
01-15-2004, 02:29 PM
NO,NO,NO,NO,NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Listen any results you get from these pills leaves the minute you stop taking them. I hate to say this but these pills aren't the healthy way to stop eating sweets. One you will get depressed after you take them if you did lose weight do to the weight crawling back on, or get depressed because you waisted your money. Two these are gimics to feel like you can have a quick fix. I KNOW how hard it is to say no, trust me on that, but the old fashion way of doing it is the way to go. By the way I did try dexatrim years ago and nothing happened, but I that lost my money not any pounds!

peanut4us
01-15-2004, 02:35 PM
I agree with Julie L. SOmething that helps me with my sweet tooth is to find something that is no higher than 60 calories that I can eat one serving of and be happy... for example, I'm sucking on a tootsie pop right now. 60 calories... and i can stop at one.

egoldber
01-15-2004, 04:21 PM
Just a couple thoughts. Have you read a book like the South Beach Diet or Sugar Busters? I'm not advocating that you do either of those plans, but both books have a tremendous amount of information about how the types of foods you eat can actually cause you to have more cravings.

Honestly, I thought I was eating healthy, but those two books really opened my eyes about how the types of foods I was choosing to eat were creating more cravings. I honestly used to feel hungry all day long, and now I know why.

Good luck!!

alleyoop
01-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Yuck, that stuff is seriously bad for you! Don't fall for it.

Probably full of Trans fats and all sorts of other unhealthy stuff, but I find that Fat Free/Sugar Free Pudding is the way to go! You can make it with skim milk and the chocolate is glorious! (well, you know...) I am addicted!

Also, sugar free jello is pretty nice, too. The added benefit of eating a ton of jello is that your nails will be stronger. Who couldn't use that?