PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone feel giddy entering Phase II of SBD? and a "cycle" question...

mamahill
01-19-2004, 05:52 PM
Ok, so this morning I got to eat Fiber One for breakfast and I just about giggled through the whole bowl, I was so excited!

And then I went to TJs and bought a few bread/pasta items (whole wheat or whole grain, of course) and was SO happy. For lunch I had a wrap - whole wheat, low-carb tortilla with turkey, light cream cheese, cheese, lettuce, etc. and it was the BEST lunch I've had in a long time. And I picked up some whole wheat couscous for tonight...

I know a lot of you said that you got over the carb-craving after the first few days, but it was torture for me. Well, maybe not that bad. But coupled with the fact that I was PMSing my second week anyway, and let's just say that DH should win a freakin award.

Also, I was a little worried because I started my period 4 days early. Maybe that's not a big deal to some, but I'm on the pill and ALWAYS start on a Tuesday. Do you think the first couple weeks of SBD could have contributed? I did begin taking a multivitamin, calcium, folate and chormium picolinate. Do you think THAT could have an affect? Anyway, it was just a weird week last week and I am SO excited to be eating (limited) carbs. I'm a MUCH happier camper.

And, I'm down 5 pounds (but still periodizing, so who knows HOW many pounds really lost?). And it looks like my waist decreased about .75". Ooh, I'm ok with my weight, but if I lost another 5, that would be superb. Now to focus on firming up this jello...

cinrein
01-20-2004, 01:50 PM
"still periodizing"??? That's so funny!

Well, I've heard that some women are able to get pregnant once losing weight/changing eating habits, so I think that makes it very likely that changing your diet could change your cycle. Still, I also think it's odd that happened while on the pill. I thought the pill "feeds" you the same hormones each cycle? Are you sure you didn't miss one?

Even so, sometimes the body just does something a little different one cycle and it may just be a huge coincidence. I really don't thing the vitamin would have changed anything. If it happens again, I'd be curious enough to give your OB a call.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

egoldber
01-20-2004, 03:58 PM
I agree, it seems like a coincidence to me.

Out of curiosity, did you find that you were hundrier when you had cereal for breakfast? I just can't eat cereal for breakfast, if I do I am starving all day. I can have it for snacks, just not breakfast. Sigh....

mamahill
01-20-2004, 04:31 PM
I was running around doing errands yesterday morning, so I didn't notice. But I did notice a sudden hunger surge today around 10:30. Plus, I was at the grocery store. Thank goodness I had a list, and stuck to it!

And no, I didn't miss a pill - coincidently, about 2 days after I started spotting I forgot one, but it was the last "active" one, and I just took it in the morning. I'm due up for my annual, so I'll mention it.

janeybwild
01-21-2004, 11:12 AM
I was so giddy I hugged the pear before I ate it!

cinrein
01-21-2004, 11:34 AM
LOL!!

Did you try the pear with laughing cow for a snack? Most excellent!

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03