PDA

View Full Version : How can I be 5 pounds heavier within a day!!!!!!! Depressed...

aliceinwonderland
01-20-2004, 12:42 PM
I weighted myself yesterday morning...I weighted myself again yesterday night, a full 5 pounds (ok, 4.5) pounds HEAVIER!! No, I didn't eat too much during the day, I actually ate less then usual.

I am pregnant, and a little constipated (sorry for the details), but STILL!!

I'm so frustrated, and I'm hating seeing the doctor a week from today! I could cry!!

eri, due in April, and not liking herself very much!!!

mattysmom
01-20-2004, 01:16 PM
I often had the same thing happen to me when I was pregnant. My only advice is to try and stay away from the scale as much as possible and just eat as healthily as you can. It can be so frustrating, but obviously you haven't really gained 5 lb in one day - it's probably just water, etc... Hang in there - and the baby needs to grow to be big and healthy!!

JulieL
01-20-2004, 01:36 PM
Just think about it this way, your baby gained weight, YEAH! Eat well and don't sweat it! Enjoy your pregnancy!!!

aliceinwonderland
01-20-2004, 01:39 PM
except that the doctor will berate me for gaining weight too fast.

I really wish I was pigging out on all the foods I want, because in that case I would at least have some pleasure from all this weight gain. As it is, I drink one glass of water and gain half a pound.

Constipation has something to do with it, I'm sure...And whoever said that prunes work is WRONG!! (at least in my case!!)

sorry for the vent. Maybe I should make the bitching forum my home...

cinrein
01-20-2004, 01:55 PM
This happens to me all the time, pregnant or not. I always weight the least amount in the morning and a full 3/4 pounds more by evening. That's why weighing yourself several times a day does nothing but drive you crazy. :)

To get a true picture of how much weight you've gained or lost, you should weigh yourself at approximately the same time of day and wear roughly the same clothing. When I was pregnant, I had a "uniform" that I wore to the OB each month.

Just try to eat the best you can. Really, that's all you can do!

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

stillplayswithbarbies
01-20-2004, 01:57 PM
It's perfectly normal to weigh more at the end of the day than in the beginning. Weigh yourself at the same time of day and wearing the same clothes in order to compare, or you will drive yourself crazy. :) Also make sure you are using the same scale put in the same position each time (on bare floor not carpet)

On any given day my weight goes up and down by 5 pounds. And I'm not pregnant. It's normal.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

peanut4us
01-20-2004, 03:33 PM
I'm sure you didn't really gain 5 pounds in a day whatever your scale said... It's water, your fiber issues :), your babe, the way your spine compacts throughout the day, the food in your tummy... millions of things... and it will likely be different tomorrow.

You are due in April... put the scale away. Have you DH put it up somewhere high where you would have to be naughty and climb on a chair to get it. You are either in or entering your last trimester and your little one is going to do most of the weight gaining now. If your doctor chastises you, well I would go to a different doctor, but if he does, then ask him what he thinks you should do differently... make him be specific. That would be helpful not destructive, KWIM??

Another exercise (that I did after gaining 12 pounds in 6 weeks! when preggo)... go into your bathroom, shut the door and take all your clothes off... and look at your belly. Imagine your sweet little baby inside there, doing all that he/she can to grow, grow, grow so he/she can come out and meet you. Give your belly a hug and tell your baby how much you love him/her. Look in the mirror and see your sweet baby... don't worry about the rest of it... You're a beautiful budding spring mommy. :)

aliceinwonderland
01-20-2004, 03:38 PM
Thank You all so much...

I've been so good food--wise today, and I'll try to stay away from the scale when I go home. It's in God's hands now....

I appreciate your posts :)

stillplayswithbarbies
01-20-2004, 04:37 PM
Joey, what you said there is beautiful. :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03