PDA

View Full Version : Firm 1 vs. Firm 2?

smiley76
01-25-2004, 03:14 PM
Thanks to your wonderful tips I got the Firm 2 and really like it so far :) But I am thinking of getting more tapes to add variety to my workout. Does it make sense to get The Firm 1 too or are they really similar?

Thanks much!

JulieL
01-26-2004, 12:05 PM
Although many of the step sequences are familiar these systems are different. Of course there are similarities but system 1 seems to me to be a little more strength building related, especially Body Scuplt (OUCH!!!). Cardio Scuplt has of course cardio w/weight training. The cardio workout segments don't have any of the kick boxing moves as system 2 (which I find more fun), but definately works a little harder on the arms than system 2 (in my personally oppinion). Body Scuplt, well this tape is a killer, no joke!!! There is no cardio. It is 20 minutes lower body work and 20 minutes upper body work with a stretch at the end. This tape is the most intense of all the workouts in system 1 and 2. I kept thinking this is going to end soon, right??? Ab Scuplt is a nice ab workout. Although it is 30 minutes long there several nice breaks and stretches. It is duable even with post baby abs! So really it's up to you. Of course the fanny lifter is involved so both systems use the same workouts on it for the legs. If you want something truly different than yes buy something else. If you just want a different variety and don't mind sticking to a similar workout than buy system 1. Have any other questions, let me know!

sweetbasil
01-27-2004, 12:19 PM
Ooh-ooh...I wished I could've e-mailed or called one of you when I was out shopping yesterday! Our Linens N Things has the Firm 3pk video set (cardio, sculpting, and abs) released in 2002 on clearance for $17.99...with a 20% off coupon, that'd be less than $15- is it worth it? I do a lot of Denise Austin DVDs- pilates, fat-burning for women's fat-zones, yoga, bouncing back after baby, etc., and prefer DVDs, but I've heard and read great things about the Firm. Should I snatch this up, or is it worth it?

JulieL
01-27-2004, 01:41 PM
Yes it IS worth it. But first you need a stepping stool and a set of weights. They recommend you have 3,5 &8 lb dumbells to start off with. Then you are set to go!

sweetbasil
01-27-2004, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, Julie. I'd assume the stepping stool is for something akin to step aerobics? I have to be sure to get a low step, b/c I've got a serious case of the clumsies and lots of metal in my left ankle from breaking it almost 2 years ago, so the constant stepping can get a little tricky....

Does anybody else want a set of videos the while I'm there?

JulieL
01-27-2004, 04:24 PM
I hate to tell you this but the Firm workouts are all based off a step. So if stepping is a bad thing for you I would not get the Firm workouts.