PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 1/19

JulieL
01-26-2004, 12:10 PM
Well about the same as last week. I did three workouts. Two weight lifting days and cardio the third. Man lately I have NOT been planning out my workouts for the week very well. I need to stop procratinating and start earlier in the week so I can get the 4 to 5 that I want to do done. Eek I think the cold weather has frozen my brain as well! How are you?

mamahill
01-26-2004, 02:00 PM
I did the Firm twice and walked for about an hour twice. Slowly working up to more workouts and walking even longer...

Now that I can eat carbs, I'm feeling a lot better. More energy, though I'm being careful to limit how much I eat. I had a little cheat yesterday and ate 2 Lindt chocolate squares. I savored every minute and it was the most delicious think I've had in a long time. I almost felt tears prick the outsides of my eyes! LOL, how pathetic!

egoldber
01-26-2004, 03:47 PM
Well, I did my two cardio workouts at the gym last week. And I order two weight training videos (thanks for your suggestions Julie!) that should come this week. So I am hoping to find time to do at least one of those a week.

And I also lost 2 more pounds! Down 17 1/2 pounds so far!

lukkykatt
01-26-2004, 03:56 PM
I squeaked in my 4 cardio workouts last week, but never managed to get in my ab workouts. I need to figure out how to get it all in! That is my major problem right now - trying to be a good mom, plan good meals for the week, workout 4 times, PLUS do the ab workouts and tackle the piles of paper around my house. If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears!

Glad everyone had a good week. And, way to go Beth!

khakismom
01-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Did 4 days at the gym, so I'm very happy about that. Really want to build to 5x a week. That is my goal this week.

Lost 2.6 lbs at my WW weigh-in, and that was even with eating a sleeve of Thin Mints, so very very happy about that! :)

Each week, I am envisioning a number at my weigh-in as a goal to strive towards each week. That way I have it in my head when I feel the urge to eat. :) I have a mini-goal of losing approx. 15 pounds by the time my parents come visit us next in March. I want their jaws to drop when they see me! :D

JulieL
01-26-2004, 04:04 PM
Gee that sounds so familiar!!! I have no great answer but that at our house something usually gives, more or less the piles of paper!!!

JulieL
01-26-2004, 04:05 PM
Beth,
What videos did you order? And we must have a review of them when you get them!

JulieL
01-26-2004, 04:12 PM
Have to add that this weekend I have found that 2 marshmallows = 50 calories to be a deeply satisfying sweet snack! YUM!!!

alleyoop
01-26-2004, 06:56 PM
Got in my 3 endurance and 2 strength workouts, though I had to shove them all a day because DH was out of town. I also lost 1 whole pound and.... (drum roll) after 10mo trying, got a + PG test on Sunday!! So, I have to talk to my doctor about the diet and working out to find out what alterations I should make to stay healthy. Please send prayers that it sticks!

lukkykatt
01-26-2004, 08:18 PM
Yeah - congratulations and best wishes!

mamahill
01-26-2004, 08:54 PM
WOW - FANTASTIC news!! Congratulations! Best wishes for an uneventful pregnancy!!

JMarie
01-26-2004, 11:44 PM
Okay - I'm back! Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but that pesky shoulder injury took a lot longer to heal than I'd hoped and DH lost his job, so I really haven't had time to hit the gym.

Good new though - catch a stomach bug, lose TEN pounds! And COUNTING! A little background - I have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), so my lower GI is already a little testy. Throw in a virus and I'm sick for months. I caught something right before Christmas and the doctors are still trying to clear my system. The meds are finally starting to work, but it will probably be months before I can stomach even 1000 calories a day, especially fruits and veggies. As much as it seems, that is not a recipe for weight loss...

I am working out when I can - walking on my breaks at work (45 minutes a day) and chasing after Aidan all evening (crawling is HARD!). I really can't eat anything - crackers, a little chicken broth, some potatoes, and lots of water. Tons of carbs, but that's all I can handle. My pants are practically falling off of me. Now, just to get back to a gym to really get the ball rolling...

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher
01/28/03

mamahill
01-27-2004, 03:08 AM
In the words of Romy (or was it Michelle? I'm pretty sure it was Romy), "Remember the summer I got mono? That was, like, the best diet EVER!"

Sorry your weight loss is coming in the form of a not-so-lovely experience. Wishing you more than potatoes and broth in the near future! (but hip hip hooray for needing to buy new pants!)

celfsh
01-29-2004, 12:58 PM
Congrats--so happy for you!!!!!!
celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

Annette_C
01-30-2004, 01:16 AM
Ok...I'm really posting late but I wanted to say that I worked out 4x last week. I like my Firm fanny lifter (it's a double step) and I've noticed some definition back in my muscles!
Congratulations to all of you on your good news and success stories!
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02