PDA

View Full Version : Calling all SBDers---help

cinrein
02-05-2004, 01:11 PM
I'm losing momemtum. I love eating this way and have lost 12 lbs so far. BUT, it's hard sometimes. The one thing I hate about this diet is that there is no quick meal. I'm talking about dinners. Some days I just don't feel like washing any more lettuce, chopping up anymore vegetables, or defrosting something to eat. I just want to grab something quick to eat without "blowing" it.

And let's not discuss that I was putting together candy containers for Anna's birthday party and had a little "incident" with the M&Ms. At least I limited myself to the nut M&Ms, which are supposed to be slightly less damaging than the plain. I brought them to work today to donate to the office candy dish.........

Do any of you have days like this?

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

egoldber
02-05-2004, 03:19 PM
Ah, often. But especially lately since we had guests all weekend and they were, frankly, disdainful of the diet and miffed at the food selection here! Uh, sorry, but I'm NOT going to fill my house full of Cheetos and Oreos even for guests!

I keep a big bowl of lettuce redy in the refrigerator and also a couple small containers with some chopped veggies, so that salad can be a quick meal!

And when I go to the grocery store, I try to get a couple things that I keep in the refrigerator that can be quick. If I haven't used them by the end of the week, I freeze them.

I also make big portions of things and use them throughout the week.

This diet definitely takes a lot of planning ahead!

mamahill
02-05-2004, 07:15 PM
I wish I could lend better support, but you're talking to the person who learned to make truffles Tuesday, and then baked cookies today. Wha happened?

So, I'm having MANY days like this... :( tomorrowisanotherdaytomorrowisanotherdaytomorrowis anotherday...

Annette_C
02-06-2004, 12:07 AM
Oh yeah....I've fallen off the wagon once or twice too!
I agree with Beth on the fact that this diet (or any diet for that matter) takes time and planning ahead is necessary.
I try to have leftovers in the fridge so that DH and I can have a quick snack when needed.
The already cut salad mixes also come in handy when in a hurry.
In addition, I keep a bag of my "muffins" in the freezer at all times so that, when everything else fails, I can have one or two of those and be satisfied.
Don't be too hard on yourself, though...as long as you get back on track in a day or two of your binges, you'll be ok.
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02