PDA

View Full Version : Do you find yourself slipping.....

liya
02-07-2004, 08:43 PM
And if so how do you overcome it?? I think im getting bored of basically eating the same things over and over again(NONE which are our native meals...ugh)...Im doing the excersize right now so thats a bonus but OH MY GOD the temptation is horrible since NO ONE around me eats like me. Especially when i have to make a "native" meal to my DH. Its just not fair that he is on a diet as well(he is super in shape and doesnt gain a pound what a LOOSER!!)...LOL So what to do when te temptation gets a hold of you...And how to deal with making 2 different meals everyday. Its getting really tiering and when i go to school i dont think ill have the strength to keep it up..

TIA

egoldber
02-07-2004, 09:32 PM
Honestly, I would stop making two different meals for you and DH. Tell him that this is what you need to do for you and if he wants to eat something else, he can make it himself. That's what I told DH when I went on the SBD and he surprised me by joining me!

And I understand the temptations. It is really hard to change your way of eating when the rest of the world (it seems) is eating all the stuff you can't have! I just try to keep this vision of me being as thin as I was at our wedding. I'm not likely to ever get there again, but I am thinner now that I have been in almost 10 years! And keeping that weight off now, will be SOOOOOOOO much easier than trying to do it in your 30s (or older). Just try to keep in mind what a wonderful, wonderful gift you are giving to Ari by being a fit, healthy mama!

And I told you this in e-mail, but I'll say it again here. You were my inspiration to start getting myself back in gear!! You are an amazing mama and you can do this!!!

Oh, and make sure you get a little treat every night. Sugar free pudding or a fudgsicle really hits the spot for us!

HTH,

liya
02-07-2004, 10:40 PM
Yeah beth thats a no go...sigh....I wish i could do that(the 2 meal thing) but i cant...

Your super sweet though and i will stick through it....!! although i am thinking you all in the SBD are doing AWSOME!! but i still cant understand the gosh darned carb consumption after the 2 weeks...LOL

*writte by THE a dork that loves rice and beans and fried plantains..LOL and avocado and MC donald fries...ha ha ha *

MartiesMom2B
02-09-2004, 03:21 PM
Linda:

I find it helps to have one night where you can just eat whatever you want. You just have to make sure you just keep at one night though. Then you kind of have something to look forward to.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03