PDA

View Full Version : SBD- how difficult for me and DH to be at different phases?

sugarsnappea
02-26-2004, 10:24 AM
We are ready to take the SBD plunge! However, I am nursing and have read that I need to start at Phase 2. Is it going to be a PITA for me to prepare meals correctly for me in Phase 2 and DH in Phase 1? I hope I am making sense... I have ordered the book, but plan on shopping this week and want to be a little prepared. DH wants to know if he must give up his evening glass of red wine? LOL!
TIA:)

cinrein
02-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Once you had a chance to read through the book and take a look at the recipes and suggested meal plans, you'll see that Phase I and Phase II are not that different. You prepare the same types of food in the 2 phases, it's just a matter of adding whole grains and fruit in Phase II. So you can easily make the meat and vegetable recipes, but then add some brown rice or a slice of whole wheat bread to your meal.

DH and I did the same thing you did. I followed Phase I recipes, but added 2 whole grain servings and 2 fruit servings each day. Sometimes I did the Phase II snacks, which allow fruit and yogurt. I would eat them during the day while DH was at work so he didn't get jealous. :)

Unfortunately, your DH will have to give up his red wine during Phase I. But he can have it back in Phase II! So, just a 2-week vacation from the wine.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

egoldber
02-28-2004, 05:08 PM
It shouldn't be too hard. I did something very similar to what Cindy did. I added in the "extras" during the day while he was at work, so that he didn't feel cheated. :) It's only 2 weeks.

And as far as giving up the wine, they say that one of the best predictors of success on this plan is how carefully you follow Phase 1. So maybe that will give him some hope!

FYI, my DH has lost 27 pounds so far!