PDA

View Full Version : weight watchers for nursing moms

denvergal
02-28-2004, 03:49 PM
i know this has been mentioned on this board before but could not find anything in a search. has anyone tried the weight watchers plan for nursing moms? if you have, have you been able to lose weight while keeping up your supply? i know this plan is available online so i'm really anxious to try it if it works. please post your thoughts on this plan. thanks!

wearing pjs
03-17-2004, 07:34 PM
are you sure its available online? i had sent an email (but to the cdn. site - maybe the u.s. site is different...?) and they said that its only offered through meetings.

expecting second boy in june.....and nothing fits but good ol' pjs.....

peanut4us
03-18-2004, 10:19 AM
I don't believe that it is available online... but the only difference to the regular plan is that you add 10 points to your points target, have 3 servings of dairy a day, and 5-7 vegetable/fruit servings... that's it. So you could sign up for hte reg. online and modify it.

That said, I did not lose any weight doing it. But I'm not sure if that's me or the plan.

MartiesMom2B
03-18-2004, 04:02 PM
I'm below my pre-preg weight using Weight Watchers. I did it online and then just ate something everyday that was around 10 points extra w/o including it on the online journal. I've always had a lot of milk so I had no problems. Plus Weight Watchers encourages you to drink a lot of water per day, so that helps with milk too.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03