PDA

View Full Version : When do you go to gym? Take the kids?

redhookmom
03-09-2004, 12:57 AM
When do you fit going to the gym into your schedule?

egoldber
03-09-2004, 10:52 AM
Honestly, I can only go to the gym on the days that DD has preschool. She HATES the child care center at the gym (Life Time Fitness) its too big and she gets really overwhelmed. I hope that this gets better as she gets older. :( Otherwise I don't know what I'm going to do this summer!

khakismom
03-09-2004, 11:44 AM
I have to go first thing in the morning or it doesn't happen. During the week, I go before work getting to the gym at 5 AM when it opens. On the weekends, sometimes I go before the kids are awake, or DH is home with them while I'm at the gym. The only time I take the kids is on the weekends if DH is out of town.

redhookmom
03-09-2004, 11:46 AM
Thanks for your response. I have no problem taking my DS to the child care at the gym. I do not like to take my DD. It is hit or miss as far as the level of supervision and she is to young.

I have been considering trying to go at night after they go to bed? Does anybody do this?

JMarie
03-09-2004, 10:16 PM
Aidan has been attending my gym (also LifeTime Fitness) since he was 3 months old. He, however, LOVES the daycare center - BUT, he's really spent most of his time in the smaller infant room and there usually aren't too many kids there after 6PM, which is when I tend to workout. They page me if he's dirty (they don't do diapers...) and feed him when necessary, so it works well for me. The only problem is that it takes me forever to clean up and my workout partner isn't allowed to get Aidan ready for me (DH is a morning-workout kind of guy...). Otherwise, it's been a god-send for me!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher
01/28/03

kijip
03-09-2004, 11:11 PM
I use the YMCA. The baby room is great. I take a class with my son (MOMentum or something) and then I can use the infant room for when I do adult classes and the machines. The Y is cheaper that the private gyms in our area and the childcare is FREE with our family membership. I go in the mornings or in the evenings depending on my mood but I forsce myself to go 4 days per week. Scheduling is tight since I am school and working.