PDA

View Full Version : Posting Week 3/22

JulieL
03-29-2004, 11:19 AM
Good Morning! Ok I am going to try to post this while dragon-crab-boy is screaming. Gosh he has been in a rotten mood all morning, argh!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, my week went well. I did two days of Body Sculpt and one day of kickboxing. Also on the days I did Body Sculpt I did a 10 minute ab workout by Denise Austin. And get this DH did both with me, fun! I was so proud of him working out with me to Denise Austin of all gals!:D

As I posted earlier I just ordered a Cathe video and look forward to challenging my leg muscles a little more!

Ok the monster is about to eat me, got to go and find my sweet little baby boy somewhere under the monster mask!

MartiesMom2B
03-29-2004, 04:00 PM
Yes, I have lost my pregnancy weight. However I have feeling that I've lost a lot of muscle too. I used to go to the gym twice a day, and now it takes me effort to take my daughter out for a walk on a nice day. What is my problem? I spent a gazillion dollars on a Firm System that is getting dusty and I even have Tae Bo too. How do you work out when you have a static cling daughter? She takes about one long nap a day, and that's when I want to recover from the horrors that have begun. Some of you have older children, how do you find time to work in a work out?

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

JulieL
03-29-2004, 04:21 PM
There you are Sonia!;-)

First off I can NOT believe you use to workout twice a day!!! Second I have this to say. If you once tapped into an energy resource to workout twice a day you definately somewhere hidden have the resource to workout three times a week!!!

I workout at night after DS is in bed. On the weekends I workout when DS is napping. Or DH will take DS out for a jog in the jogging stroller and I work out then. Will DH work with you so you can have time alone?

I had stopped doing the Firm and tried other videos for a few months. The last month I have gotten back on the Firm and didn't realize that the other videos weren't hitting my muscles as hard. So I am back to the Firm, but already feel they are not challenging me enough. That is why I bought a Cathe workout video. I am fit but this crazy fat keeps clinging to my thighs. So I want to firm that up in time for the summer! Keep your head up! June is two months away and you can totally see results by then if you stick to your guns!!!

mamahill
03-29-2004, 05:16 PM
Argh - I was dumb and totally overdid it on Body Sculpt last Monday. So much, that I was out of commission for almost the rest of the week. :( Learned my lesson, and walked a couple days. But this week I'm back at it, although not squatting/lunging *quite* as deeply with not *quite* as much weight.

I'm impressed your DH did the videos with you. Mine just watches and shakes his head and says he'd look ridiculous flapping around. I think he just doesn't want to admit how hard it is ;).

lukkykatt
03-29-2004, 11:57 PM
I had a week of doing nothing (exercise-wise that is). We had a trip to the ER - my older son had an allergic reaction to pine nuts. Not to mention my younger son's bedroom set arrived and I had to get all that together. A late week trip to the Ped for my younger son (eczema). Then went out of town for DH's friend's memorial service. You see where I am heading with this!

Now, I thought that I was *almost* where I used to be, but trying on my old work clothes to figure out what I was going to wear to the memorial service made it very clear that I have lots more work to do :(

So a double depressing week for me. BUT I am glad to see what everyone else has done, and it makes me ready to get back on that old horse this week and work out!

JulieL
03-30-2004, 11:00 AM
First how is your son? It's always scary going to the ER. I have to say putting a bedroom set together is a workout so you can count one for the week!

Don't be depressed you have a good 8 weeks till summer and a LOT can change in 8 weeks if you keep motivated!

I'm glad you checked in with us despite your hard week!:-)

Annette_C
03-31-2004, 12:41 AM
I only worked out 3x last week. I take Sabrina to a couple of programs each week and I don't get the chance to work out on those days.
I have made a new decision, though. From this week on, I'll get up an hour earlier to workout. That way, I won't miss any days and, therefore, will not feel guilty!! So far, so good. The best part of it is that starting the day off with a good workout, gives me more energy throughout the day. Plus, I'm used to it. I did that for over 20 years (getting up early to workout before going to work).
I hope this change and being more careful about how I eat will finally do the job!
Congratulations, girls, on your successes and, to those of you who didn't do so well, hang in there!
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

lukkykatt
04-01-2004, 08:03 PM
My older son is 4 and it was our first trip to the ER! He is past the age our ped recommends to have nuts, so he has had peanuts, cashews, almonds and walnuts already. So, it was quite a surprise, but luckily everything worked out fine.

Thanks for cheering me up about my pathetic week. And trying on those clothes was all the motivation I needed - so far I've been doing pretty well this week!