PDA

View Full Version : Posting Week 3/29

JulieL
04-05-2004, 02:14 PM
Ah good week! My Cathe DVD came it, YIPPEE!!!

I did two days of kickboxing and one day of leg weight training, tough! And twice I did my 10 minute Denise Austin ab workout. Gotta pump that video out 3+ times a week because... DH and I decided to ttc earlier than December!!! I still don't have a period being of Depro-vera for 2 1/2 months so it could be a long while yet before my body is ready to ttc but we are thinking if we can to try earlier, I AM SO SMILING!!! To many prego women around me without going crazy, 5 mommies and counting!!! Just had to share!

I really wanted to get in a fourth workout but yesterday my lower back was so sore. So I thought I didn't want to press it and took the day off. Last thing I need to do is throw my back out!

How did you survive?

mamahill
04-05-2004, 05:51 PM
2 Firm workouts and one round of walking. Plus, several stints of speedwalking through/around a couple airports ;).

But let me just say that if you're going to spend half an hour teaching your kid to gallop, and then gallopping and whooping around the house, and NOT alternating lead legs, then the one in back is going to have a REALLY sore calf the next day. How sad. And it was sore for like 4 days! DH thought it was very funny by terming it "Galloppers Calf." I learned my lesson. And maybe I'll gallop some more to tone my calves, but ALTERNATE legs on occasion.

And Julie - sooner than December?! That's fantastic. Come on, you're going to bump it up to be with me, right?! LOL. I know what you mean about all these pregnant ladies. Holy cow, I swear it's half the population right now! And how is your Cathe DVD? And what kickboxing DVDs are you using?

JulieL
04-05-2004, 06:38 PM
I have a Kathy Smith kickboxing video. Then my new Cathe video has two workouts on it, one for the lower body and the other is a kickboxing one - TOUGH...LONG!!! I like the Cathe video a lot. She has great cueing. The DVD is expensive ($54 w/s&h) but it has two workouts on it plus you can select parts of both workouts and intertwine them, cool huh! I haven't done that yet. Also the two workouts on it you can choose to do a shorter version of it for those quickie days, very nice.

And yes hopefully before December, but... got to get a period first, then got ta ovulate.......... I think at that at the end of this pill pack I am going to talk to my OB about taking estogen to help start my period, we'll see. What ever God wills so be it.

lukkykatt
04-05-2004, 10:13 PM
I had a good week! I did 4 cardio workouts and 2 ab workouts.

Julie, congrats on the TTC news! I never thought I'd say this to anyone, but I hope you get your period soon :)

Hope everyone has a good week!

khakismom
04-06-2004, 12:52 PM
It's been awhile for me. A few crazy weeks--sick me, sick kids, traveling, working, parents visiting, ugh! Still have 6 weeks before my cruise--got to get my motivation raring to go!

Annette_C
04-07-2004, 11:57 PM
WOW, Julie!! Congrats on the decision to TTC!!! Best of luck to you!!!
I did very well last week. Got up early and did 5 good workouts (1 hr each). I felt so good and energized!
Julie, I have the Kathy Smith's kickboxing workout but I prefer Tae-bo. When I do Tae-bo, I work up a big sweat (and I'm not a person who easily sweats).
My big problem is that I've been on a diet and exercise program all my adult life so there aren't many challanges left out there for me. That makes it so much harder to lose weight...especially at my age!!!
Anyway, glad to hear we're still all here and committed!;)
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

JulieL
04-08-2004, 01:17 PM
Have you tried any Cathe workouts? She is geared towards people at the advanced level. From the video clips I have seen on her site of her videos she is TOUGH! And the one I have definatley has made me sore. Just a thought!

MartiesMom2B
04-08-2004, 08:28 PM
Julie:

Congrats of the big decision to TTC. I hope that you'll be seeing pink/blue lines or a positive sign.

DH took Martie out for a run last week so I tae bo'd. Not bad. However this week, so far I've walked around our local lake twice. It's getting a little better. I have noticed that I really do sleep better when I work out. So I do need to keep on trucking.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

jubilee
04-10-2004, 03:20 AM
Well, I promised to post- but I've nothing to be proud of about this week (weight-wise). Easter candy is such a downfall, and Logan's birthday too! I have no one to blaame but myself. Monday will be a fresh start!!