PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 4/5

JulieL
04-12-2004, 10:55 AM
Ok how many of you let the Easter Bunny tackle you this week?

I actually did ok despite the holiday. I got in a day of kickboxing in, a day of jogging and walking and a lower body weight lifting workout. So three workouts in all. I was hoping for four workouts but this weekend I was so tired that I just couldn't get it together to workout. I hate to admit this but when DS was napping, gasp, so was I! Ok now that it's monday I feel much better and revived!

pritchettzoo
04-12-2004, 04:40 PM
We joined the YMCA last week. I did water aerobics 4 nights--this is a big deal for me--I haven't been in public in a bathing suit in over 10 years. I tried Pilates on Friday night but I'm not up to that again for a while. Hopefully this week I can set up a meeting with someone to get oriented on the machines.

But we won't talk about the crap I ate yesterday! ;)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

JMarie
04-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Well, I finally got back to the workout classes after hyper-extending my knee and re-injuring my shoulder during a kickboxing class (new and BAD instructor... I'll never take her class again...) and getting over a nasty sinus infection. Four workouts never felt SO good! I also took Aidan on walks two days when it finally warmed up. The weight is still steady, but I did drop a size! Only a couple more inches to go until I'm in the pre-pregnancy jeans!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher
01/28/03

mamahill
04-12-2004, 07:12 PM
Two firms, and a walk. Then on Saturday we went for a "walk" that turned into a hike. This is particular place is probably why people invented stairs. Anyway, after an hour, DH and I were both drenched with sweat, and my legs/butt were burning for the rest of the day. We think we'll do it again soon!

And, it's kind of sad to admit this, I finally clocked over 10,000 steps in one day. How pathetic since I've been doing this since January. I know there have been a few days where I'm pretty sure I've come close, if not gone over, but just haven't worn the pedometer. But on Saturday I wore it and was able to SEE the number go over 10,000. That was very satsifying.

Next goal: run. I HATE running, but I think it's the only way to lose the flab that has attached itself just below my back and above my legs...

JulieL
04-12-2004, 07:18 PM
I'm so laughing at your: the flab that has attached itself just below my back and above my legs!!! What a hysterical description! I was never into running but running now with a jogging stroller or on my own has become enjoyable. I don't do it all the time but it's a nice change in my normal workout.

JulieL
04-12-2004, 07:19 PM
GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

I really do understand. Last summer was the first summer I had worn shorts in about four years.

JMarie
04-12-2004, 10:26 PM
...and I was so worried that you'd be insulted by the pedometer... Silly me...

Glad you're getting use out of it! Honestly, don't feel bad - I rarely hit the 10,000 mark on mine (three or four times, tops) - but it sure does feel good when I do!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher
01/28/03

JulieL
04-13-2004, 10:00 AM
Jennifer, by the way congrats on you dropping a size! That is a BIG step forward!:-)

mamahill
04-13-2004, 01:35 PM
Insulted?! Are you kidding?! I worship the thing! It's like a game - a battle, almost. How high can I get the number. Not high enough, but trying reeeeeeally hard!! In fact, I think I'm going to get my sister one for her birthday, since she has been eyeing mine!

lukkykatt
04-14-2004, 02:57 PM
I had a good week. I did 3 cardio workouts, 2 ab workouts (a BIG deal for me) and I also used arm weights one day for some variety. Of course, some of that was negated by the Easter candy that I ate, but I think I still came out ahead!