PDA

View Full Version : SB dieters did you follow the menu in the book???

cchavez
04-26-2004, 11:32 AM
Did you follow the menues for phase 1,2, 3 in the book? I don't think I have time to do all of these exact recipes......but I figure if I have 2 eggs and veggies for breakfast, protein and veggies for lunch and dinner I will be ok.....

DH has become a grilling fiend so he pretty much cooks all of our dinners I just have to get the ingredients together.

Also, when he recommends a veggies cocktail for bfast does that mean V-8???

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

lukkykatt
04-26-2004, 11:25 PM
I have tried some of the recipes in the book, and we also already have some recipes that we like that follow the principles of the diet, so I do those too. Tonight I just had tofu and vegetables because I am not the biggest meat eater and just getting a little tired of it. There are also alot of recipes online - I was looking at some tonight to try to mix it up a little.

And I think the veggie cocktail is V-8. I don't like it, so I have never included that - I just have decaf tea, coffee or water to drink with bfast.

PS: I am still in Phase 1, so definitely not an expert, but this is what I have been doing so far.

cinrein
04-27-2004, 10:04 AM
Some meals I did and some I didn't. I mostly didn't. I did try to have the same number of proteins and veggies that were recommended in the menu plans. Excepts 2 eggs is too much for me in the AM---I felt too gross and full so I just have 1 egg and a slice of Canadian bacon or low-fat cheese.

I did have V8. I think some days the menu says tomato juice. I happen to like V8, so it's a treat for me. Just don't replace it with a fruit juice.

Basically loosely follow the menu, but then modify as you get experience. You can't mess up!

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

smomom
04-27-2004, 10:05 AM
this is my first week of SBD too. I have been drinking the spicy V-8 in the morning. I drink it at work and pour it over ice in one of those little clear plastic cups that airlines use. It's kind of like having a little Bloody Mary to start the day (sans the vodka, of course).

I have made the quiche cups and the roasted vegetables. Both of them tasted pretty good. I added extra spices to the veggies. I'm going to add canadial bacon to the quiche cups the next time that I make them.

Good luck with your SBD.

egoldber
04-27-2004, 10:25 AM
I followed some of the recipes in the book, but mainly just adapted meals that I already made to the principles of the diet. I think the menus are just to give you an idea of the kinds of foods that are acceptable and are a guideline. At least that's what I did and it has worked for me.

I think he does mean V-8. I don't like V-8 much, but I do like tomato juice, so I have glass of tomato juice every morning.

HTH,

Annette_C
04-27-2004, 11:38 PM
Like Beth, I followed the principals of the diet and adapted my own recipes. There's a new book out now...The SBD Cookbook. Costco has it for $14.49. I just picked up a copy but haven't had the chance to review it yet. It's supposed to have a LOT more choices and recipes that the first. They're also classified as being appropriate for phase 1,2 or 3.
I'm hoping this new book will get me back on track...
Good luck to you!
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02