PDA

View Full Version : Hey Gals, where are you??? Lisa, Julie, Melissa, Mary, Mandy?

JulieL
05-06-2004, 03:54 PM
Gals you all said you were taking the plunge so what did you do last week? I posted and I was sick all week! Keeping connected is what keeps you motivated, even if you did nada! Hope to hear from you!

mandye
05-07-2004, 12:56 PM
Well, I've been okay at doing my exercising the past couple of weeks. I'm not very good at doing the actual exercises, but I try. Now, I know I'm not supposed to weigh myself, but I only do it once a week at my in-laws house. Still no change though. I get discouraged--A LOT. Sometimes I feel like all I get out of working out is tired, but ultimately I know that isn't true. Anyway, lately I FEEL like I look better (even if I don't exactly see it). Does that make sense? And DH is so supportive it is unbelievable.

So there is my past couple of weeks...BTW, I've been meaning to ask. Are we supposed to report or progress on the message "posting week"? Is that what it is for?

Mandy

smomom
05-07-2004, 02:13 PM
Hi Julie! I am not one of the girls that you called out, but I took the SBD plunge last week. I didn't get around to announcing it here. So far, so good. After the first week I had lost 3 - 4 pounds. I got a couple of walks in, but that's not much to brag about.

Although I don't post a lot under this topic, I am really inspired by the threads that I read. Special thanks to you for keeping everyone focused!

jasabo
05-09-2004, 02:07 PM
Hi Julie, and everyone else!
I would be on the "I did nada" list :) I was really lazy and unmotivated last week so didn't go to the gym. I didn't eat too badly though.

This is going to sound really dumb, but I just saw pictures of Kate Hudson in one of my foo-foo mags (In Touch, People, etc....love those!!), and she's lost all her baby weight already! I think it was like 75 lbs. And she was huge just like 3 months ago!! The article said she's got a personal trainer and has been doing 2 hours of cardio and an hour of pilates a day. Must be nice to have that much time, huh? That said, seeing her picture did give me a little jump start, I think. It always helps me to see pictures of people who were huge then lost weight. Anna Nicole Smith is another. She looks amazing! Yes, she used Trim Spa, but hey, whatever works, right?!? Anyway, so I think/hope I'm re-motivated again and will be hitting the gym again this week.

How about you guys? Sorry you were sick, Julie. That's the worst. I'm one of those people who never seems to lose weight when they're sick, and sometimes even gains it. I'll get a stomach virus and throw up for 3 days and still end up 2 lbs heavier. HA!

Lisa - mom to 10 month old twin boys

jasabo
05-09-2004, 02:12 PM
Hi Mandy,
Not sure what the "posting week" is for.

I'm so happy that you're feeling better now. Yes, it'd be nice to look better too, but the important thing is how we feel and our health. And you're so lucky to have a supportive dh! Does he work out with you? Mine doesn't. He's always too tired from work. He's pretty out of shape too.

Anyway, just wanted to post and tell you not to get discouraged. You'll start to see progress soon, I know it. Just think of how long it took you to put the weight on. You didn't wake up overnight and realize you'd gotten heavy, and losing weight won't happen overnight too. But if you stick with it, it'll happen and you'll start to see changes. Also, once you get in the habit of working out, it should actually start making you feel MORE energetic rather then just tired. Usually when I first start working out again, I get tired, but after a few weeks I notice that I feel much better all the time. It just takes a little while. I'm not good at remembering to be patient either - I know how hard it is, believe me.

Lisa - mom to 10 month old twin boys

JulieL
05-09-2004, 04:52 PM
Mandy, yes the posting week is were we post what we did the previous week. It's a way every week to post our sucesses and set backs. To keep motivated and encouraged. These posts are for posting your workouts, eating successes, emotional successes and more. Please note that I post even if I didn't workout and eat aweful as well. It's way to stay motivated to have a healty life style. See you tomorrow?!:-)

mandye
05-10-2004, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the added support Lisa! No, DH doesn't work out with me. He has to leave for one job at 3:30am (and I refuse to get up that early! :) ) and doesn't get home from his 2nd job until 6:00pm. Needless to say, he is super tired when he gets home. I am going to start an after dinner walk with him though. I figure every little bit will help. Right?

mandy

jasabo
05-13-2004, 02:05 PM
Wow, Mandy!! He gets up at 3:30 a.m. every day and doesn't get home until 6:00?!? That's amazing. Ok, any time I complain about being tired, I'm going to remind myself of him :) Sounds like you've got a very hardworking hubby!

Yes - every little bit will definitely help!

Lisa