PDA

View Full Version : what coffee drink can i have on the sbd???

cchavez
05-07-2004, 11:25 AM
we are having a small baby shower for a friend at a local coffee/tea house. what can i have???? it is getting hot here so i don't want hot coffee....maybe an iced decaf w/ nonfat milk and splenda? they make tons of coffee drink w/ splenda based syrups.....

smomom
05-07-2004, 02:24 PM
As a fellow follower of the SBD and a self-confessed Starbucks mocha frappuccino junkie, I feel your pain when it comes to coffee shops. I also think that your safest bet would be coffee over ice with FF milk with a shot of sugar-free syrup. That will give it a little more flavor than Splenda alone.

Enjoy!

lukkykatt
05-07-2004, 04:44 PM
I think you can get just about any cold drink with skim milk and sugar free syrup and be fine.

I usually get a decaf skim sugar free vanilla latte - but that's hot. It's good though for future reference. The last time I went the man said "One decaf why bother". Look he wasn't telling me anything I don't already know, but I still like to pretend I'm getting my fix! :)

Have fun experimenting!

egoldber
05-07-2004, 10:21 PM
Well, when the SBD guy said you could have one or two cups of coffee a day if you feel like, I took him at his word, LOL. I have been having 1-2 cups of regular coffee a day, most days on the SBD.

When I go to a coffee shop, I always order my coffee drinks with fat free milk, but I always have. (And I don't like the flavor syrups, but thats me.) I just never drink more than 1 a week, rather than the 2-3 I used to have. And I include that milk as part of my dairy intake for the day.

HTH,