PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 5/3

JulieL
05-10-2004, 09:42 AM
Well I took a sabbatical this week. I still am coughing even today. So I just took the week for myself to completely get well. I will say I did well eating wise. Well that is except for Mother's Day. DH made me an awesome breakfast: homemade waffles, eggs w/cheese and bacon, and sausage! I did NOT hold back! Well this week I am energized to get in four workouts! I haven't taken off this much time off from working out since December, so that makes me feel like I deserved it!;-)

And You?

mandye
05-10-2004, 01:02 PM
I missed one day weorking out because I had to pick my SIL up from the airport early in the am, and then Hailey didn't exactly give me a chance to do anything the rest of the day. (She's been clingy and whiny lately. I think she may even be teething. Agh!!! But that is a totally different post.) I had a very hard time getting up this morning because she was up screaming--and I mean SCREAMING--until almost midnight last night. But, I'm very proud to say that I got my workout in.

As far as eating goes, I've decided that I don't want to change WHAT I eat, but I will change HOW MUCH I eat. I don't know if that will work or not, but I really don't want to be a slave to food, if that makes sense. I think I do a pretty good job of eating healthy anyway. I just need to get more fruits and veggies. My food motto is "Moderation in all things."

Okay, I'm rambling now...

Mandy

MartiesMom2B
05-10-2004, 01:15 PM
I was traveling last week so I didn't really get to work out at all. However I have written out a routine that includes morning exercise and today I have figured out that I can stick Martie in the high chair and feed her breakfast while I do a Tae Bo workout.

I know that this belongs on next weeks reporting but I also took my measurements today and have started a little journal to mark when/how I work out and how much water I'm drinking. I'm going to make these adjustments and see how I do before I make drastic changes to the diet.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

mamahill
05-10-2004, 05:48 PM
I had stuff to do every morning, so working out was not a priority. :( And I ate "well." And by that, I mean I enjoyed eating a lot. Oh well - better work this week!!

MKH76
05-11-2004, 03:14 AM
I haven't exactly been exercising this week. Went for my 6 week post partum visit and IUD insertion, had a tremendous amount of bleeding, so I was told to take it easy. Also fighting off a bought of mastitis (when it rains it pours). And just started back to work full time last week. All that with a hungry hippo having a growth spurt.

I have been packing my lunch every day, since I race out to the daycare to nurse on my lunch hour. I have made a point to pack two fruits with my lunch (and eat them!!). I have been having oatmeal for breakfast every day. Also, been drinking lots of water, since I am pumping at work.

lukkykatt
05-11-2004, 02:02 PM
I had a good week. I did some form of exercise 5x last week. And I lost another pound, so I have 5 more pounds to go, or until my stomach is flat - whichever comes first :)

We are going to the beach in August, so my goal is to be bikini-worthy by then (of course this bikini will need a wonder bra-like top, but that is another story altogether).

Wishing everyone a great week!

smomom
05-11-2004, 02:30 PM
I didn't do much in the way of working out, but I did continue my "healthy eating habits" - aka, diet. Ok, maybe the chocolate bag from McCormick & Schmicks isn't exactly listed as an allowable SBD food item. But it was Mother's Day for goodness sake!

I think my total weight loss to date is around 5 - 6 lbs. woo hoo!

kathsmom
05-11-2004, 04:26 PM
I know that you haven't seen me in this forum for a long time! We (DD, DS, and I)took a nature walk last week, did a Pilates tape, and I walked 1 mile by myself.

I had lost 13 lbs. over the last couple of months. Four lbs was just cutting back on the amount I eat. The other 9 lbs was from being sick. I am just glad that the weight did not come back once I started feeling better!

I look forward to doing more this week!

jubilee
05-12-2004, 02:24 AM
The one good thing I did was to buy healthy groceries and NOT buy all the goodies that I wanted to. After all if it's not in the house, it is harder to eat it! Hope to post some success next week!

JMarie
05-12-2004, 06:40 PM
Yoga two days and toning one day, plus walking 45 minutes four times. I'm eating much better but I'm still not weighing myself. My clothes are getting loose though, so I'll take that as progress!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher
01/28/03