PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 5/10

JulieL
05-17-2004, 10:17 AM
HELLO!!!

Ok I am back in the saddle again. I did great this week. I had two Cathe weight lifting workouts. Then I did one day of kickboxing. But my real boast is I did my first run since last fall and I was able to pump out 3.5 miles! The most I have ever run (and this was a few years ago) was 4 miles. I may be able to work up to 5 miles by the end of this summer. It was rather fun to do although it was a little hard on my hips and knee. I hope with more running my body will get use to the impact.

I have a sucess to report I have lost an inch in my lower abdomen (where the navel is)! I think this is due to DH and I doing ab workouts together. And my hips lost another 1/4 of an inch! I guess my new Cathe workouts are working for me. Also finally, finally, finally my inner thighs are thinning out and are getting some muscle! That is my worst spot on my body for sure. So for those who are just starting there is hope for sure. I am in far better shape than before I had my son and you can be too!!!

MartiesMom2B
05-17-2004, 11:16 AM
Julie:

For some reason, I thought you were pregnant so I thought "why in the world is she running 3.5 miles when she's expecting". But I guess you guys are starting to TTC, right?

OK back to me. . . drumroll please. I have work out 4 times this past week. A high for me. I did Tae Bo and the Firm, and also did a long and hilly walk at Duke Gardens with one of my friends. I'm in my workout clothes now, waiting until 11:00 (I figure it will be long enough after eating breakfast) to do another round of Cardio Sculpt.

I've also pulled out my pre-preg clothes, and have selected 3 pairs of goal shorts. I've decided to give up on the scale and go for the clothes (I've always weighed heavier than I look). I do have a big pile of give away stuff though - some of the shirts were just too short.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

kathsmom
05-17-2004, 11:48 AM
I tried to do a yoga tape from the library one night with DD (who is almost 8). She totally hated it. I did one of my older aerobic tapes one night. Of course, since it was made in the early 90's, I had to listen to my DH laugh about the hairstyles and the outfits they were wearing.

I wanted to do more, but my DS has been sick all week and it's kind of hard to do aerobics when you have a 27 lb. toddler attached to your hip!

Anyway, I think that I am off to a good start, but I know I need to do more. DS is a little better now, so I am hoping to get back into the swing of things tonight!

mandye
05-17-2004, 01:44 PM
Ugh!! I don't even want to post today! Even though I did four days of workouts last week, I feel like I'm fatter, rounder, and uglier than ever! (Oh, woe is me!) OK, so I'm most likely just PMS'ing. I swear I complain too much. I need to do better about that.

This week I'm focusing on my workouts--making sure I do them every day--and drinking enough water.

I'm getting bored with doing the Denise Ausitn workouts every day. Any suggestions?

Mandy

MartiesMom2B
05-17-2004, 01:51 PM
I think Tae Bo is fun. I'm pretty uncoordinated at aerobic dancey stuff, but I'm OK at Tae Bo. I haven't mastered all the moves yet, so it's still challenging.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

smomom
05-17-2004, 02:21 PM
ok, here it goes. It's not great. I've been eating well, but not really working out. That is changing this week.

The plan is to get in 4 good aerobic walks a week - with hand weights or pushing DS in the stroller. My MIL keeps DS in my home 2 days a week. I plan on walking those 2 mornings before work along with one evening walk during the week and a weekend walk. The plan also includes working in some weights 2 - 3 evenings a week. I am exhausted after getting home from work, so I don't think I can seriously commit to p.m. aerobic workouts. It's 5:00 a.m. or nothing for me.

Thanks to everyone for helping to inspire me!

JulieL
05-17-2004, 02:23 PM
I enjoy Kathy Smith's kickboxing video a lot. I am not very cordinated so I stay away from step areobics. I'm afraid I'll embarress even myself.:-) Although I have a step one by The Firm which isn't so bad. After several times through I mostly got the steps down. Look up on www.collage-video.com and they have a slew of all kinds of workouts, even belly dancing!;)

JulieL
05-17-2004, 02:25 PM
Yeah we are ttc but you can actually run during pregnancy fine. I say that as a generalization. Of course this should be ok w/the doc first and definatley is case to case, IFYWIM.

mamahill
05-17-2004, 06:16 PM
I did the firm twice and that was IT. I got a massage instead of doing a third workout. LOL!

And it has been warmer here so I've been wearing linen pants and they stretch like crazy, or them must, because I tried to put on a pair of jeans that I SWEAR I wore two weeks ago and they are TIGHT! What the?! Ok, so apparently I need to stop doing just two workouts a week, eating terribly and justifying "because I'm working out" and putting everything off.

I am so depressed. But, as always, I have to reach this point before I actually accomplish anything. So, onward and upward!

jubilee
05-17-2004, 06:50 PM
I lost 2 1/2 pounds last week! :) Only 5 1/2 pounds to go to my 8# by Father's Day goal. (Which is part of a larger goal- but you have to do it in bite-sized chunks!)

JMarie
05-17-2004, 07:22 PM
Two days of yoga again and a toning workout, plus TONS of walking! Every day we get home from work and daycare, Aidan sees his Kettler trike and he refuses to budge until I put him on it! He's even getting better about not trying to rip his helmet off, since he knows he gets to ride if he wears it. This week will be bad, since we're heading out to Omaha for my youngest sister's HS graduation. There will be lots of walking, but I have to miss my Thursday yoga class. :(

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher
01/28/03

lukkykatt
05-17-2004, 10:06 PM
A pretty good week - I worked out 4 times. I lost another pound, so only 4 from my goal now! But I will confess that I only lost it because of a major gastrointestinal upset, which I am still waiting to pass. Are you certifiably crazy when you think that the upside to being sick is a little extra weight loss???

So, now that my stomach is getting smaller, I notice that the skin across it is not completely stretched tight. Is that from my 2 pregnancies (I never had that before kids, and I gained about 25 pounds with each pg), and if so, if I keep up with my ab exercises will it get better - or is another motherhood badge of honor?

And Sarah, until I started doing SBD, I ALWAYS used the fact that I was working out to eat more! Which is why I kept working out more and more, but was not getting any smaller! You are not alone in that one at all!!

JulieL
05-18-2004, 09:55 AM
Well Andrea I can only speak for myself. I finally am very satisfied with my stomach post baby. I have more muscle in it than I ever did before, yet the skin in the lower part is still some loose. It only looks loose really if I bend over. Standing up it looks firmer than it is. Even DH says it looks more firm. I think you can firm it up a lot, I have, but probably it will never look exactly like a 16 year old ever again. But hey I could be wrong. :-)