PDA

View Full Version : Yoga suggestions please and an equipment ?

egoldber
05-18-2004, 01:29 PM
I am really enjoying yoga lately. I have a couple yoga for abs videos and also a beginner yoga video from Gaiam. Honestly, I bought these like 2 years ago and have only recently starting to use them. :) I am looking for a more general "workout" type yoga video, i.e., a series of poses to do as a routine. The Gaiam video is verrryyyyyy slow and only shows you the poses (although frankly, its kind of a workout for me at this point..). Anyone have Kathy Smith's New Yoga Challenge? I like her other videos and I really like her style in general, but she isn't a "yoga guru" you know?

Also, what about yoga bricks? They are used on the video I have, but I've been using other things that I have decided are NOT acceptable substitutes. The bricks are $11 at Target, and I need 2 of them. Should I just bite the bullet and spend $22? Or is there something else I can use?

Thanks!

mamahill
05-18-2004, 05:59 PM
I have (and love) "Total Yoga" with Tracey Rich - it's on sale at gaiam.com for $5 right now (VHS only, though). It is a great workout and I love how they explain how each of the poses helps your body. I only have the mat, which I've found to be essential. For a "strap" I use a belt, when I need one. And instead of a brick, I've used a small step stool. Honestly, though, if it would help your form, I say bite the bullet. It's amazing what good form will do for you.

Here's the video I have:
http://www.gaiam.com/retail/product.asp?product%5Fid=91%2D0006

I got it before I had a DVD player, so I'd actually be tempted to buy this on DVD if it were available.