PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any good spot reduction exercises

mary b
05-18-2004, 02:33 PM
Hi, obviously besides regular exercise, does anyone have any great exercises for stomach tightening.

thanks,

Mary

JulieL
05-18-2004, 03:18 PM
Mary,
My question to you is do you have weight or body fat to lose? If so no matter amount of crutches are going to get rid of the body fat around your waist. I know from personal experiance. If you are thin but want to tone your muscles yes there are tapes for doing that that are quite effective. If you have overall body fat you need to work it off with cardio exercises, by the way it does come off;-) , and on top of that work the ab muscles for strengthening. I hate to tell you but there is no such thing as spot reducing. You can build muscle in one area but you can not rid fat on your body in one area. Check out www.collage-video.com for ab workouts. I like on by Denise Austin that is 3 workouts, two are 10 minutes and the other is 15 mintues. They are great for fitting in at any time of the day. Hope this was helpful. If you have any other questions ask away.

mary b
05-18-2004, 03:38 PM
Thanks Julie. Yeah, I am starting on a regular exercise program (YEAH!) and wanted to supplement them by doing some additional exercises to help my tummy which seems WAY out of proportion of the rest of my body.

I will check out the ab workouts you suggested. I haven't done workout tapes in FOREVER and aren't familar with some good ones

Thanks again,
Mary