PDA

View Full Version : Weight Watchers...

HelenD
05-20-2004, 10:27 AM
I just saw a picture of myself w/ DD yesterday. I am contemplating joining WW online or doing the at home kit. Does anyone have any experiences or suggestions as to which might be better?

Also, are there any promotion codes out there for WW? (I'll cross post this to the Coupon area too...

TIA.

Helen

mmaimp
05-21-2004, 10:48 AM
I don't have any codes for WW, sorry. But I do have recommendations:

I would try to attend B&M meetings. Pre baby I lost over 50 lbs. attending meetings. The suggestions, support and kudos received at the meetings are worth the time that it takes to attend them! My sister tried WW online and had no success. I think you have to have the right personality to be successful w/o attending meetings.

I have not returned to meetings yet but will after I wean DS. Right now I’m 10 lbs. over my goal weight, which I’m happy with because it’s not the 50+ lbs. I used to carry around.

Good Luck!

yellowdogmom
05-21-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi Helen,

I agree with Michelle that the support is key. My DH and I joined WW online together 2.5 years ago and were both successful with it between support from one another and the message boards there. I'm happy to say that we've completely integrated the WW lifestyle into our lives and both have been at goal for around 2 years.

As far as your question about the differences between the online vs. in home...based on the fact that you're here and a web user I'd go for the online membership (or web tools if you decide to join an actual group) because that will allow you to keep track of everything online. If you like lots of books and pamphlets etc. then the in-home one might be for you since you don't get anything "tangible" with the online membership.

Best of luck!!!

:) Kristin
Adopting #1 from Korea
It's a Boy! Theo was born 1/12/2004!
Awaiting his safe arrival home

newmomto1
05-22-2004, 11:08 PM
I am a lifetime member of WW. I have been on WW a few times....
After I got married I decided to join again...& told by DH I did not want to get pregnant until I became lifetime at WW.
Well, I got lifetime status...got pregnant...DS arrived 2/24/04 :-)
I just went back to WW 1 week ago (at 14lbs over goal)...I got weighed in today & lost 3 1/2lbs...YAY!!
ANYWAY...I do not have experience with the online or at home kit. I just really wanted to say that WW is SUCH a great thing!! It's a healthy way of life. I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK, WHICHEVER WAY YOU DECIDE TO DO IT. And....BE PATIENT...slow & steady wins the race!!!
Good luck!! :-)

Judegirl
05-26-2004, 01:48 AM
I lost almost 70 lbs doing WW at home. I don't think it matters whether you do the online plan or the at home plan, as long as you get the materials and have some support somewhere. For me, having access to the community boards was enough support, and I'd get the supplies from a local WW once in awhile.

Happy losing! If you decide to go to the boards, check out the Individual Daily Challenge thread on the Challenge Central board. It's a great group.

Jude