PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 5/17

JulieL
05-25-2004, 10:45 AM
Goodmorning. Sorry gals yesterday was, well to eventful, so I just didn't get anywhere near the computer to post. So I am a day late, forgive me?;-)

Last week was good. I did two lower body weight lifting workouts, and day of upper body. I also ran 1.5 miles while pushing DS in his stroller. Pushing a total of 56 lbs is definately a workout! Also I got some good walking in for the week. DH and I also did one ab workout together, and I did another one seperate from him later in the week. So over all it was very good. I am looking forward to jumping in the pool next weekend!

How are you?

egoldber
05-25-2004, 11:53 AM
I did pretty well last week, for a change. Did 2 workouts at the gym on the elliptical machine. I also did 3 yoga workouts at home. I am just loving yoga.

And I lost 2 more pounds. Woo hoo!! :)

MartiesMom2B
05-25-2004, 12:57 PM
I don't know where my week went. I only managed to do two 1/2 workouts. Little miss woke up halfway through both, like clockwork.

My birthday was on Friday and my parents told us that they are taking our family to Mexico(sans airfare) this fall for all our birthday/christmas gifts. So I definitely have a goal, to look good for a bathing suit this fall. Any and all motivation is a plus.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

stillplayswithbarbies
05-25-2004, 01:36 PM
Well, I'm not here to talk about last week, I'm here to talk about next week.

I'm starting over.

I am teaching the 6 Week Challenge class at Curves, starting last night, so I figure I had better do it along with the class. I am starting on Phase I, since I have gained back so much weight. I had lost 70 pounds before I got pregnant, gained 28 with the pregnancy, lost 16 at the birth and then just kept gaining after that. I am now up by 40 pounds from my low weight.

I had a good breakfast and lunch today. And tonight's dinner is chicken casear salad, so I should be okay there. I have to call home and tell DH to drink the rest of the Pepsi before I get home LOL.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

khakismom
05-25-2004, 01:49 PM
I on the same page as Karen. Considering that last week I was stuffing my face on the cruise--breakfast, lunch, dinner, AND desert!--I am absolutely here to look forward to this week.

The good news is that I only gained 5 pounds from the cruise. The bad news is that I have more than 5 pounds to lose! ;) But I am back recommitted and refocused. Went to the gym this morning for 4 miles so I am moving in the right direction.

I am looking forward to losing most of this junk by the end of the summer, around my birthday, but with a tonsillectomy scheduled for next month, I may hit a bump in the road.

smomom
05-25-2004, 06:07 PM
If I stretch it I can claim 3 workouts this week, plus tons of yard work. Eating went well until Sunday night - when I binged on vanilla wafers and the last piece of chocolate that I had in the house. I'm back on track now. According to the scales I have lost about 6 lbs. Woo hoo!

JMarie
05-25-2004, 06:13 PM
Last week I did two yoga workouts and worked out on the elliptical trainer two days. Then I headed out of town for my littlest sister's HS graduation, thinking I'd get nothing else in for the week. Instead, I pushed DS and my sister's 3 y.o. DD all over the Omaha zoo on a 90-degree day for five hours! I ate very well while out of town, save for the night out with the boys barhopping (oh, haven't done that in a LONG while!). I lost three pounds for the week and discovered I have WAY more stamina than I thought! Now if only I could stop snacking after work...

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher
01/28/03

lisams
05-25-2004, 06:21 PM
I went to the gym 4 times last week. Each time I speed walked at least 2 miles, and a few times I worked on the weight machines. I've been pretty good about eating better, and having water with my meals instead of soda or juice.

I'm back to my pre working out weight (I actually gained 3 pounds there at first) so I'm happy about that, I'm assuming I gained muscle and then lost enough fat to make it balance out. I feel like I have more energy too!!

Lisa

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-26-2004, 02:27 PM
Just started SBD on sunday and can say I honestly can tell a difference in the belly bulge!!!!!
Nothing really big to report yet...

Accidently shoved a lollipop in my mouth yesterday "just because it was there" at the counter while I wrote a check...just a normal routine when there...YIKES...I was at the stick when I realized I was not supposed to have it!!!!

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

lukkykatt
05-26-2004, 03:33 PM
Last week was so-so for me. I had a stomach bug (from the previous week) that lasted until Wednesday of last week. So Friday was the first day that I could even contemplate working out. I did 3 light workouts.

I am within striking distance of my goal weight (3 to 4 pounds, depending on the day), so from here on out I am going to stop weighing myself as much and concentrate on improving the length and quality of my workouts.

JulieL
05-26-2004, 04:15 PM
>...I was at
>the stick when I realized I was not supposed to have it!!!!
>
Neve, that is so funny! I to have popped open a soda and thought, darn it I'm not suppose to be drinking this!!! Here's to a great week!

khakismom
05-26-2004, 05:18 PM
"I am within striking distance of my goal weight (3 to 4 pounds, depending on the day)"

Andrea, that is AWESOME!! Good for you. You are an inspiration! I cannot imagine being 3-4 pounds aaway from my goal weight. What a feeling! Congrats!! :)

mamahill
05-26-2004, 05:47 PM
I've been avoiding this forum because of this thread :). Last week I did 2 Firms and then helped my mom move their furniture from one half of the house to the other. And then back again (recarpeting). It was a royal PITA and I didn't lift with my legs (I know, I know) when we went to move their incredibly heavy keyboard and... the left side of my back is still a wee bit sore :(.

Nevertheless, I've done a firm this week already and Ainsleigh is hilarious as we do push- and sit-ups together.

My big accomplishment? I can do push-ups fully extended now (no longer just on my knees). That's huge for me. Also, I've cut out snacking on crap because I've realized that the pounds have been slowly creeping back on. :(

Here's to a successful week for all of us!!

smomom
05-27-2004, 09:34 AM
fully extended push-ups?????? That's impressive. Good for you!!!

MKH76
05-30-2004, 02:19 AM
A little late checking in...

We had a heat wave of 50 degree weather, so I have pushed DD around the neighborhood at least 3 times last week and power walked with her in the snugglie once. Finally popped in my new Windsor Pilates DVD and made it through the workout. It felt great. I also decided to take my measurements all over to compare with in a month from now. I finally hopped on the scale (haven't for weeks now) and realized I am only 5 lbs over my pre-preggo weight. I actually put on a pair of jeans with a zipper on Friday for work (jeans day).

My newest goal...getting rid of the soda. I've done great with water. Probably because I drink like a fish at work because of all the pumping.

Also, DH went fishing this weekend and caught some Halibut (it weighed more than me!!), so we will be eating more fish. Yummy.

JulieL
05-30-2004, 10:46 PM
Ok I was thinking to myself 50 degree weather, that's a heat wave??? Where is she from, and I see AK. Boy I understand that that really is a heat wave. I have family living on bases in Anchorage and Fairbanks, burrrrr!!! Five lbs is so close! Good for you. Next before you know it you will lose the five and be on the way to a fitter body than you had pre-baby. I know I do and never felt better! Keep it up!!!