PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love those creative marketing departments.!!

liya
05-26-2004, 08:33 PM
Well wk 2 on the South beach and all is going well im 4 days away from finishing wk 2 and I feel great. Today i went to the super market and while browsing through the isles i spotted the Carb Solutions Line!! AWSOME!! Skippy penutbutter, ketchup, BBQ sauce...Even the teriyaki sauce......Soo cool!! just love them all...I remember in my last year of college i had this professor who made me think of something i could do with bread that could actually be creative etc, distintive bla bla bla(marketing major LOL)....And i remember making bread with splenda (literally) and doing all the marketing presentation to the class....So funny to see now how my idea wasnt as pathetic as i thought it was LOL...I thought the lady was insane for giving me a score of 95, i mean the presentation was good(i always think i can convince anyone to buy an old screwed up car..)..I guess she wasnt LOL...

What does worry me is that in 10 yrs ppl will say..Oh Splenda can cause cancer etc etc. Just what they said about aspartame and junk..So sometimes i dont know if im doing more right than wrong here but heck i guess everything in life is an experiment and we just have to try it and see what happens.....

If youve read all this, so sorry for my boring words im just really excited to see that im not as deprived as i thought i was going to be on this diet!! Good motivation for anyone to stick with it!!

egoldber
05-26-2004, 09:17 PM
Interestingly, I have never bought any "low carb" labeled foods, except for the Carb Solutions fudge bars (which are quite good :) ). I just read the labels and look for stuff low in sugar. Just make sure there are no trans fats in the Carb Solutions stuff. I have only looked at the fudge bars, LOL, but I know that is a concern with a lot of pre-packaged foods.

cinrein
05-27-2004, 09:16 AM
The only low carb thing I bought so far was the peanut butter. I'm all for eating more healthy, but "healthy" peanut butter just isn't peanut butter to me. The Skippy PB with spenda is not as good and the old-fashioned crap I'm used to, but better than the peanuts-only stuff.

There are recipes in the SBD cookbook for catsup, bbq sauce and other sauces. I haven't tried them because I never was a sauce person, but I'd be happy to post them for you. Some of that carb solutions stuff is pricey!!

BTW--has anyone seen that Atkins flour mix? It's so expensive! I want to say a small container was like $11. What the heck is made out of, gold?

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

liya
05-27-2004, 04:35 PM
I dont know i just got the ketchup, bbq sauce, teriyaki and PB...I hate that natural penut stuff as well yuck!! lOL...I havent tried anything yet but when this week is over ill give it a go. I checked on the lables. No more added fats etc. SO im good to go....I just saw the SBD chocolate things for phase 2 can i just say yummmm...

Do you all think the online site is worth the extra cash?? Has there been alot of edits on the list??

TIA

egoldber
05-27-2004, 07:44 PM
The main edits that I know of are:

1) he has added dairy back into phase 1 as long as it is nonfat and has no added sugars

2) the limitations on tomatoes have been lifted

I doubt the site is worth the money, but I have never joined, so I can't say. If you want a GREAT board with a lot of info, check out the SBD board at prevention.com. Its pretty high traffic, but it was a tremendous resource to me in the early days.

After about a month of living on the diet faithfully, I think you will find that you have the "rules" pretty well internalized and won't need the book or anything else.

HTH,

pritchettzoo
05-28-2004, 10:53 AM
I've tried the Breyer's low-carb chocolate ice cream. It's FABULOUS! It tastes just like regular Breyer's. I may not have to knock off a brownie store after all... :P

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)