PDA

View Full Version : Tired of Ricotta Cremes, Puddings and Jellos

cinrein
06-02-2004, 03:20 PM
I need some new SBD-friendly desserts. Ruby Tuesday used to have this low carb cheesecake that was nice as an infrequent treat, but it's not on the menu anymore. Something like that would be really good.

I made this dessert out of frozen strawberries, cream cheese and cool whip from the new SBD cookbook that was so gross. I never in a million years would have dreamed those 3 ingredients could be put together in a way that was so awful. I'm ready to pitch the remaining 4 servings in the trash but DH said he might get desperate on day and eat them. It was that bad. :(

Cindy and Anna February 2003

lukkykatt
06-02-2004, 03:27 PM
What phase are you on?

I've been daydreaming about making some kind of Italian Ricotta Cheesecake (on my list of things to do...), and I think there is also some kind of flourless chocolate cake in the cookbook for phase 3 (still on Phase 2, so not even looking there yet!) Fresh berries and yogurt? Have you tried the sugar free pudding pops?

egoldber
06-02-2004, 03:40 PM
I sometimes have fresh berries or banana and yogurt. I also am veyr fond of fudge bars. :)

HTH,

stillplayswithbarbies
06-02-2004, 05:11 PM
I like strawberries sliced in half and spread with whipped cream cheese. Or if I am feeling decadent, I spread them with warm brie.

This is low carb, but I don't know about South Beach specifically.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

pritchettzoo
06-03-2004, 05:59 PM
Low-carb ice cream! I made Ricotta cream and almost lost it. If we hadn't found the low-carb ice cream, I would have gone insane by now. Breyer's Chocolate is good, Mayfield's Butter Pecan is amazing, and Ben & Jerry's is only okay. I like the fudge pops too. DH found some ice cream bars (Blue Bunny brand from Wally World) that are vanilla with almonds and covered in white chocolate that he enjoys.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

cinrein
06-04-2004, 07:55 AM
Thanks guys. I'm still in Phase 2 and dancing around the same 2 pound range for weeks now. Grrrr.

What fudge pops? Those have never appealed to me, but I never actually tried them either. I would love the low carb ice cream, but I know I wouldn't be able to leave the container alone until it was gone.

I think I'll experiment with the ricotta cheesecake recipe in my Cook's Illustrated book. The Ruby Tuesday one had a crust made out of ground nuts, which I thought was a really good idea. In the meantime, we'll enjoy the bounty of strawberries. :)

Cindy and Anna February 2003

pritchettzoo
06-04-2004, 01:10 PM
There's a Carb Solutions fudge pop and then traditional Fudge Pops make a no sugar added kind. There are also sugar free Popsicles and lots of other stuff in the freezer section.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)