PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 6/7

JulieL
06-14-2004, 02:43 PM
Good Afternoon Gals!

Well the week went really well for me, minus the ice cream I had yesterday :D. I got two days of lower weight lifting in. Also I am so excited because I increased my weight amount by 5 lbs! I now finally at the point where it's exciting to see the next thing my body can accomplish! Also I did one day of upper body weight lifting. Then yesterday I went on a 3 1/4 mile hike. The hike was wonderful and the weather was perfect. It went great till I got stung by a bee/wasp whatever. I am still sore today. Well that was me how about you?

lukkykatt
06-14-2004, 11:14 PM
My week was pretty good. I did 4 days of cardio, 2 ab tapes and 1 upper body weight lifting. I also had birthday cake this weekend, but heck, my son was turning 2 and I was not going to miss out on celebrating that!

I was excited to be more or less where I wanted to be by his bday - it can only be called baby weight for so long, right?

How is everyone else doing?

jubilee
06-15-2004, 02:55 AM
I read and started the South Beach Diet... just finished day 3 and I am SO wanting any and everything I can't have. I just don't get excited about veggies. Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing the scale move downwards so I will keep plugging along with this diet plan.

lukkykatt
06-15-2004, 08:40 AM
It will get easier! And then you can move on to Phase II, where you can have some of the things that you want!

mamahill
06-15-2004, 05:20 PM
In anticipation of starting Phase I on Sunday, and it being our anniversary Saturday, I pretty much didn't limit myself at ALL in the food department. I did work out twice and did yoga once, so I guess that was a step in the right direction.

I'm on day 3 of Phase I and I am feeling WAY better than I did last time I tried this. I don't know if it's because DH is doing it with me, or that last time I was doing it more for experimental purposes and this time I'm doing it to lose weight and restructure (for real, this time) my eating habits. Anyway, I'm feeling much more energized and happy. I took measurements of my waist, butt and thighs Sunday morning, as well as weighed myself, and I'm not doing it again for a couple weeks. If I'm going to get pg any time soon I don't want to start off already weighing more than I'd like!

I'm sorry you got stung - that's terrible! Hugs!

khakismom
06-15-2004, 06:15 PM
I am making huge progress--I got out of bed! I had my tonsil surgery on Wednesday and haven't had anything bigger than a popsicle or soup for the past 6 days. I can't start working out for 2 weeks after surgery, so that means next Wednesday, which I am eager to start walking again. I really miss it. But I am taking this time to come to grips with my food "obsessions" and really eat healthier from now on. Trying to tell myself, "would you rather be thin, or would you rather have that BK Chicken Sandwich?" I figure I'll keep asking until I get the right answer! :)

MKH76
06-16-2004, 01:03 AM
I lost 2.5 lbs over the past 2 weeks. Yippee, since I haven't really been exercising as much as I'd like. But I have really been watching my diet and keeping a food diary. I still snack twice a day (while pumping at work) but usually it's a fruit or cheese and crackers. I feel good since my goal is to loose 1 - 2 lbs a week.