PDA

View Full Version : Posting 6/17

JulieL
06-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Don't have much time so this is a quick post:

I did two lower body weight workouts, one pilates workout, one ab workout. DH and I tried going camping this weekend and had intended to do two 1 mile or so hikes, but it rained us out and we had to go home. Oh well so I got three workouts in. That is the minimum I want so I guess I got the minimum. Well I have to go, friend is coming in town and staying w/us for the week, got cleaning to do. Hope you did well.

jubilee
06-22-2004, 12:47 AM
I have to start by saying the South Beach Diet isn't for me. After 6 days of doing it, I've given up because it is too strict. I was going crazy and snapped and wound up eating everything in sight.

I did end up losing 7 pounds in the time since Mother's Day- and during that time I also weaned my son so I can't eat as many calories anyway. My plan is to do weight watchers at home now. I've had big success with them in the past, so I will just try to do it without all the meetings and hoopla.

khakismom
06-22-2004, 12:28 PM
I lost 13 pounds from eating popsicles and soup for a week and a half after my throat surgery. So I am taking that as a blessing and going from there. I still have more to lose, so I am giving myself to my birthday (9/2) to make a big difference.

No working out until tomorrow (2 weeks from surgery) so I am ready to hit the gym tomorrow. :) Hope everyone had a great week.

stillplayswithbarbies
06-22-2004, 01:23 PM
Since I've been back on the Curves diet, I've lost 8 pounds.

It would be more, but I made a cake for Fathers' Day! :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

MKH76
06-23-2004, 12:54 AM
I just bought a new double jogging stroller and have been out with it every night since I got it (okay, it's only been two nights!!) But I love that I can get my cardio in and still sing and laugh with my toddler and the ride soothes my still colicky infant.

Lost another 2 lbs over the past week. But more importantly, my pre-preggers clothes are starting to fit nicely. I've just about given up soda completely.

I'd like to lose about 15 lbs more before the last weekend of August, I'll actually get to go to a mall when I go to Anchorage (we don't have those on this island!!) and I'd like to really try on clothes, not just guess at sizes over the internet for mail order.

lukkykatt
06-24-2004, 07:30 PM
I did 4 workouts - a mixture of cardio and spot training - pretty happy about that.

My MBUD collapsed with my children in it (story for another day). But I do have a double Valco as a loaner right now and have been trying to get out every chance I can to test it out. Maybe some good can come out of what could have been a bad situation!