PDA

View Full Version : Stress eating

jubilee
07-12-2004, 02:44 AM
My dad's having heart surgery wednesday, and so naturally I am eating everything in the house because of stress! I'm not really worried about the surgery, but the stress of caring for my parents is getting me real bad. Tonight I had tons of cookies, chips and other garbage... so much for starting weight watchers. I'd better just wait until after the surgery to start for real.

egoldber
07-12-2004, 11:41 AM
So sorry about your Dad. My father had angioplasty a few years ago and it was a very stressful time for us.

I do want to say that the only thing that has truly helped me cope with stress eating (and I did that a LOT) was to not have any of those types of foods in the house. Purging my pantry of them was a cleansing experience for me.

Good luck!!

Chelsey333
07-12-2004, 09:33 PM
Hi, hope all goes well with your parents. Don't feel bad about the cookies, chips, etc - it is in the past. But I wouldn't "start for real" in the future if I were you. Start now and you will feel so much better in dealing with everything. You still can eat cookies and chips, just try to eat less than you used to.

PurpleDog
07-12-2004, 09:59 PM
Pass the ice cream! Get me a Dorito. Is that a quarter pounder with CHEESE? There's no other cure for what ails you when a loved one is sick than stuffing the food in. Then having a big guilt trip and using that to propel yourself into exercising your way out of open heart surgery! But for now, seems like Nestles Tollhouse is the way to go. Best of luck to you and your dad!

Vicki