PDA

View Full Version : Weak, weak, weak

Kieransmom
07-20-2004, 02:25 PM
Hi ladies. I'm new to the Mommy Fit board so I hope I'm not doing anything wrong. If so I apologize. I don't know what I can say and can't.

After DS was born I was SO tired. Understandibly so considering I could sleep for 10 hours a day if I was able to and then I was getting little or no sleep. As DS got older I didn't have the energy to exercise. We'd walk a lot and go to the park. Once I stopped nursing I tried to diet. I could barely get up off the couch when I did this. So I have tried to diet 3-4 times since Februaury of this year.

I decided to purchase a diet from Herbalife which worked well for me years ago. It's day 2 and I am SO tired! I'm not giving up because it's so darn expensive. I just am so worn out.

Any ideas to what can help give me energy or what could be causing the lack of energy?

Michelle
Mommy to Kieran, born 5/9/03

lmariana
07-20-2004, 04:08 PM
My best friend lost 60 pounds on Herbalife in conjunction with her work out. She absolutely swears by the stuff. Are you doing the full program, shakes and all?

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

Kieransmom
07-20-2004, 04:22 PM
Yes, I'm doing the middle package. It's got the shakes and the snacks but it doesn't have the extra 2 things that add almost $100. I did well without it before. I just started after trying everything. This worked well years and years ago and I figured I'd give it a try again. It's only day 2 so it's hard to tell if I've lost anything. I'm 31 now and between having the baby and the slowing of my metabolism I'm getting very discouraged. When I was on it 7 years ago I noticed a big difference the 2nd day. I could lose pounds so quickly in my youth. ;-)

Michelle
Mommy to Kieran, born 5/9/03

bunnisa
07-21-2004, 11:30 AM
I would just add my two cents and suggest that you go to your doctor and have your thyroid levels checked. It's really common for women to become hypothyroidic after pregnancy, which would make you really tired and unable to lose weight.

HTH Somewhat!

Bethany
It's a Boy!
William Eric
6/03

Chelsey333
07-21-2004, 02:22 PM
Could you have something more serious going on, maybe a potassium deficiency? I think my mom told me that is common and causes you to be tired - but I am not positive that is true. I would definitely stop dieting and taking Heralife until you figure out what is wrong. Just try to eat healthy, try not to eat junk often, and watch your portions and the weight will drop off. Eating a healthful diet will help with your energy and eating every 2-3 hours will help. But you might want to go to a doctor to check it out. Hope your energy comes back soon for you.