PDA

View Full Version : Coming out of the closet.....

MKH76
08-14-2004, 06:03 PM
Okay, I will admit to reading everyone else's weekly progress and then feeling ashamed to post mine. I feel like I don't have enough time to do something so wonderful for me like exercise. Here the weather is either freezing and raining, or sunny, 70 and beautiful (but only for maybe 20 days out of the year...gotta love Alaska!!). I've been trying (on a pretty inconsistent basis) to walk with the kids or do some yoga or pilates and it hasn't been working out too well. I have been eating really good (DD just started solids and I have really been increasing my water intake for fear that my milk supply will drop). I had been feeling all "woe is me" until I went to a health fair today. I am actually below my pre-pregnancy weight!! I had no idea. I was 135 when I got preggos, now I am 131.1 Of course, my body is still really flabby from no exercise, but I feel renewed. My BMI is 21.1 and my percentage of body fat is a whopping big 29%. So overall I do have some toning to work on and maybe a couple more lbs to loose. More importantly my total cholesterol is 169. Yippee. So I guess all this time I really have been doing some good. I'll stop beating myself up over not finishing a work out tape and start rewarding myself for starting one. What is the actual day of the week that I'm supposed to post my attempts at working out? I'm going to try to get commited to getting back into better shape. I'm happy that I was deamed healthy today, but I will admit there is a little vain side of me that would like my clothes to fit a little better.

JulieL
08-16-2004, 03:30 PM
don't be ashamed. I post my weeks that I don't get much done, because it isn't about how one week was slow, but to remain aware and motivated! Keep in touch, k?:-)