PDA

View Full Version : Breastfeeding Joggers-Are you out there??

mvldml
08-19-2004, 05:54 PM
Hi,
I am looking to see if there are some morning joggers out there who don't breastfeed or pump before they go out for their jog. I have been trying to motivate myself to jog in the morning before my daughter wakes up but now that she is sleeping through the night by morning time I am pretty full of milk. Wanted to see if anyone jogs while "filled with milk" or if you have other strategies. I really don't want to pump before I go because I want to be able to nurse her once she wakes up. Any advice would be appreciated. I really want to shed these extra pounds and jogging for me is the best way.
Thanks,
DML

jbowman
08-29-2004, 12:03 PM
I BF and run--but I generally run in the evenings after I feed Ellie, so I don't have experience with being "full of milk." FWIW I think that you could pump, jog, and then nurse her when you return. Many women pump right before nursing in the morning (in order to build up their freezer stash!). I don't think it would affect the amount of milk your daughter gets.

BeachBaby
08-29-2004, 02:21 PM
ITA with PP. I pump in the morning right before feeding DD and she is able to satisfy herself. ;)

I can't imagine running while I am "full", though, so I understand your concern. Can you pump, run and then nurse when you get home?

FWIW, I'm trying to get myself out and jogging too, to lose those last few pounds. But we are having horrible August weather and I just can't get myself out there yet!

HTH!

Chelsey333
09-02-2004, 04:27 PM
I haven't jogged, but this is what I do to relieve the pressure of the milk, if I wake up before ds. I get up and pump for a short amount of time, just enough to relieve pressure. By the time you get back from your run to feed baby, some milk will probably be back and ready for ds. I actually can pump about 4 oz on each side and then still feed ds when he wakes up, bec I have been doing this since he has been sleeping thru the night and have a ton of milk in the morning. I find that I have a hard time doing cardio when I have a lot of milk, and I could never jog in the morning without pumping a bit, it would hurt too much.

mvldml
09-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try.
DML

mvldml
09-10-2004, 11:24 AM
Thanks! I am also trying to motivate and get up in the morning to jog. Unfortunately I can think of a lot of excuses to skip it!

mvldml
09-10-2004, 11:25 AM
I'll give it a try! Thanks!