PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 8/16

JulieL
08-23-2004, 03:04 PM
Hey there gals, glad to see you all coming around again!

I had a decent week, but if I didn't spend so much time watching the Olympics in the evening I could have worked out more, wink!

Well I ran one day a total of 2 miles and walked about 1 mile. I ran a mile walked 1/2 then ran another mile and walked 1/2.
Another day while watching the Olympics I did arm and ab workouts for about 40 minutes, ah who isn't inspired by the Olympics!
Yesterday I ran 3 miles without stopping with little pain! I have been running and walking in intervals for a while to get my joints use to the new exercise. Well it paid off big yesterday. My run was great, although a tad slow. My right knee was a smig sore towards the end but nothing to bad. Today I feel great and I have no pain at all! That is a huge difference when I ran 3 miles at the beginning of the summer without getting use to it. I hurt like heck in the knees and hips for 2 days! Well that's me glad to see you all are keeping in touch. Mamahill is on vaction so I hope she gets back soon to join us! See you all!

mamahill
08-23-2004, 05:01 PM
Aloha! I'm back, and didn't do anything exercise-related, unless you count playing on the beach, in the ocean, and at the pool. Or snorkeling. Or (minimal) hiking. A lot of eating exotic fresh fruits and drinking juices, though! Ah well, back to running around with teenage boys at soccer practice this week, so that will count for something. Until then, I think I'll go take a nap. Does it sound better if I call it a POWER nap? LOL.

lukkykatt
08-23-2004, 11:22 PM
I worked out 5 times last week, so I am quite proud of that accomplishment! I also fit into my skinny shorts - ok, I'll have to say that I *just* fit into them with no room to spare! But the fact that I got into them at all was enough for me!

Sarah, your vacation sounds heavenly! We're going away this weekend, so I'll be out of touch for a little while, and surely having major sins to 'fess up to when I get back!

Take care everyone!