PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Article in Sept. Fitness Mag

lukkykatt
09-11-2004, 12:29 AM
While lying on the beach (ha!) I was reading an article in Fitness Magazine on boosting metabolism that I thought was worth mentioning. It was certainly not scientific, but they had women try different workout/dietary plans to see what was the most effective in increasing metabolism.

Their conclusion was that a combination of cardio and weights was the most effective (it raised the woman's metabolism by 61%). Of course, they only had one woman do this, so this goal is v. questionable, but still so large that I thought I would pass on the info.

They have a schedule of 5 workouts a week, and say to try not to do weights on the same day as cardio for maximum results. I am going to try to follow this to the extent that I can (5 workouts a week is what I can do when everything is going PERFECTLY). I'll keep you posted...

JulieL
09-13-2004, 01:14 PM
I agree I think weights and cardio is best. And good for you if you can get 5 in on a perfect week! Seems like my perfect week I can only squeeze in 4! Btw what beach were you on, I'm feeling some jealousy here!:7