PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here use a personal trainer now or in the past?

etwahl
09-15-2004, 12:05 AM
I had a free session at my gym with one, and I thought it was actually pretty great. I'm considering signing up for 3 months, once a week, but am a little hesitant on spending the money...i'm cheap about stuff like that.

Any words of encouragement about whether it's a good idea or waste of money? I know it probably depends on the trainer, and he was actually really good.

jk3
09-15-2004, 10:10 AM
I got 5 sessions with my membership + I used them all and paid for one more. She helped me get back on track + pushed me way more than I push myself. The results were great + put me in the frame of mind to get back into shape. I lost all of my pregnancy weight + have taken a hiatus from the gym. I wouldn't let a personal trainer stretch me out or do any adjustments-something my gym supposedly specialize in-because they are not qualified to do this. If you need some motivation + a plan, they can help tremendously. I wouldn't have followed through with this if I actually had to pay for all of the sessions because it's steep!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

Misha412
09-15-2004, 11:17 AM
If I had the time to keep going to mine, I would in a heartbeat! My trainer developed a strength-training program that targeted my "problem areas" and worked with me to find an aerobic exercise program I could stick to. However, I do think that 12 sessions are more than enough; once you get in the rhythm, it's easy to follow all the lessons on your own. Good luck!:D