PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 9/13

JulieL
09-20-2004, 11:58 AM
Well I had my last trip for the year I think this last week. I went out of town for a family reunion so I got not much else other than walking done for the week. But to excite me I bought a new Cathe workout called Timesaver. It has 5 workouts on it 40 mins or less that look exciting. I need something else for those days I can't put in much more time than that. You???

btw I can say I did pretty good on eating to, I didn't overhaul on dessert, but wanted to! ;-)

egoldber
09-20-2004, 12:47 PM
Well, we were out of the country for awhile, but are finally back. We have been traveling so much its been hard for me to keep up at the gym. And honestly, I have felt like crap so much lately that its been hard to get myself motivated to go even when we have been home.

But I am now resolved to start going again. Beginning tomorrow!! ;) At the latest Wednesday, since I have to meet up with my personal trainer and face the music with her. :)

JulieL
09-20-2004, 01:59 PM
Beth I am SOO excited for you!!! So you and Sarah can keep each other motivated while pg! I would love to hear what your personal trainer suggests for you to do while pg! Glad your back!!!:-)

heidi_timms
09-20-2004, 03:41 PM
I had a good week last week-4 days of Jazzercise. I was even sore from the lunges we did-yippee! I know, I'm weird, but I feel like if I am sore then it worked. I ate pretty good. I tried to eat at least 80% healthy. I splurged this last weekend as we had a picnic for our dog club and we visited the in-laws who have tons of junk food in their house. I did have a donut on Saturday morning and a kit kat on Friday. It's so hard to try and be good!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

heidi_timms
09-20-2004, 03:41 PM
oops!
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

lukkykatt
09-20-2004, 08:02 PM
Still waiting for our elliptical to be repaired - but I did get in 4 days of exercise, either doing a DVD or walking.

mamahill
09-21-2004, 12:59 PM
Blurg. We only had 1 soccer practice because we had 2 games, and I don't do as much running at the games (but it's higher stress - does that burn calories?!). I should be walking but I'm having the hardest time hauling myself outside.

And my pants aren't fitting very well any more. Grrrrr. My eating habits? I'm not eating a whole lot, but when I do, it's whatever I WANT!! LOL.

khakismom
09-21-2004, 02:16 PM
Not too bad this week. Excellent with the eating. I even went out last nite with Andrea (amp), her DH and DS Jake, and Veronica (vpalmer) who was in town, and her DH and DD Eva, and ate my salmon with vegges, no bread. And I was DYING for some of the yummy pasta everyone else was having. I was even eyeing Kathleen's grilled cheese, it looked *that* good! :) Plus, I worked out twice. So lost another 2 pounds.

My parents move out this weekend (their condo is finished--YAY!), and while it's been wonderful to have them--they help out with the girls SO MUCH--I will be kindof releaved, because it will be easier for me to get to bed at a decent hour to go work out in the AM. They want to chat, so I can't get to bed before 10. And if I don't get to bed by 10, you can bet there's no way I'm getting up at 4:45!

So my goal is still working out 4x each week. So far this week, I'm at 1x so time to get my caboose in gear!

psophia17
09-21-2004, 04:18 PM
I had a decent week - my good intentions from last week mostly worked out, until I caught a cold and started feeling miserable and starving at the same time...

However, I did do waterbabies twice and went for a pretty long walk with DS, and I didn't eat nearly as much candy as I could've, so after one week of trying I managed to lose 2.2 pounds.

I had my first back&abs class last night, and discovered that due to my two surgeries in the past year, I can't even feel my abs. Basically my entire right side between the appendix scar and the C/S scar feels like it's all shot up with novacaine. So when the instructor said to do some kegels, I couldn't tell if I was actually doing them or not. The same goes for the pelvic tilt and some of the other exercises we did...this is okay because I won't be sore, but I also won't know if I'm overdoing it (or if I'm doing it at all!). It's frustrating, but there's nothing to be done about it.

What's funny is that I didn't even know I was numb until last night...that's how much I've avoided associating with my abs...but it probably explains why my recovery from the appendix wasn't tough, I couldn't tell that it hurt!

-Petra

DS - Nathan, 12/29/03

egoldber
09-22-2004, 03:07 PM
It can take a long time to get full feeling back around the scar area. Now, three years post C-section, I have basically full feeling around my scar. That was NOT true only one year post C-section. Give it time and those nerve endings will regenerate, but it may take a lot longer with having had two surgeries.

Take care!