PDA

View Full Version : I was followed running tonight!!! Just a reminder for all

JulieL
09-20-2004, 11:31 PM
So at the end of my run tonight when I was about to walk the block leading to my home a man alone in a car pulled over in front of me and rolled down his passanger window leaning towards me. I ran the opposite way, noticed he was turning around. I went in front of a local grocery store and he came driving right there by the store. I know he was looking for me because in front of the store is a stop sign. Instead of stopping and going forward he definately paused to long, even though 3 cars were waiting for him. I went in the store and called my husband to come and pick me up. Also I called the cops and put in a report. I live in a very nice and safe area, but you never know who could be in your neighborhood. Just remember everyone to be extra safe. I use to run with mace, but haven't since we moved where we have. DH is buying me new mace tomorrow. I think I will look into taking a self defence class as I have always wanted to but never had. I am not going to let this make me overly parinoid but definately am shook up a little. Just a reminder that we all have to be cautious no matter what!

jubilee
09-20-2004, 11:55 PM
Julie!! Oh, how scary! You were so smart to be on alert and to run the other way. So glad you are safe! Maybe some kick-boxing classes are in your future? :)

Saartje
09-21-2004, 03:32 AM
How scary! Thanks for the reminder -- I'll look into buying myself some Mace or pepper spray tomorrow.

mamahill
09-21-2004, 12:56 PM
Spooky - glad you played it smart and didn't go straight home. Big hugs, girlie. Be safe!