PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 9/20

JulieL
09-27-2004, 10:40 AM
Well I had such a good week I couldn't wait to post my results! :D

So I ran three days this week. I ran 3, 2 and 4 miles, making a grand total of 9 for the week! Also I a Cathe step workout w/chest and tricep work as well. I made sure I also did ab workouts during the week as well!

I am so excited about my running that I really haven't given much time to other workouts, but that's ok. I always have to rotate my workouts or I get burned out.

How was your week?

egoldber
09-27-2004, 12:01 PM
My week was OK. I did a couple days or cardio and 2 of weight training. But then I had a scare. :( I had some bleeding on Friday and ran to the OB, who did an ultrasound and all is well. But she told me to lay off the weight training until 13 weeks. I did some cardio on Saturday, but had a little more spotting and was super tired. So until 13 weeks, I think I will be restricting myself to mild prenatal yoga to keep up my flexibility.

JulieL
09-27-2004, 01:48 PM
Gez Beth that is scary. I will be praying for you and your baby! If this makes you feel any better my mother bled with me as well. It happens but doesn't mean the worse. Keep us updated and I think you keeping this relaxed is a very good idea. How many weeks are you?

Annette_C
09-28-2004, 01:10 AM
I missed you girls so much that I had to come back!:)
Sorry I've been MIA...Lots of things going one here!
My older daughter Bridget got engaged last month and we're planning a wedding for April 23, 2005.
I've been off the SBD lately...and it shows!! Unfortunately, for me, stress means eating so I keep losing and gaining my 5-7 lbs back and forth!!
I have been getting up earlier in the morning to work out (I found that I never had time to exercise anymore during the day) so I feel better about that. Now, if I could only staple my mouth shut so I stop eating, my problems would be solved! LOL:)
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

psophia17
09-28-2004, 01:49 PM
Hi Ladies,

I had an okay week, considering. The entire family caught my cold, so everyone has been in a fantabulous mood, including DS, and I'm still suffering from it because of the congestion, but it could be worse, right? I maintained, even though I was feeding my cold (with chips, candy, cocoa, etc.). It's just really hard to eat right when you feel horrid.

I went to all my classes, though, and both were good. It's hard to get excited about working out when your head feels like a dump truck backed over it, but I'm trying :-)

Next week, hopefully, this headcold will finally be beaten, and then I will get back on track again.

-Petra

DS - Nathan, 12/29/03

JulieL
09-28-2004, 03:32 PM
ANNETTE--HEY THERE!!!

Good to see you back around. Congrats to your daughter. How old is she? An April wedding should be wonderful, everythings in full bloom! Well just wanted to let you know you were missed! :-)

Annette_C
09-28-2004, 11:28 PM
Missed you too, Julie! :)
My older daughter Bridget is 26. She has a Doctor of Pharmacy degree and is engaged to someone she met in college. He's a sweetheart!! We love him and his family and are so happy for them!
Now I need to really get back on track with my diet and exercise program or I won't fit into a nice "Mother of the Bride" dress! :)
BTW...Sabrina will be the flower girl.....hopefully!! LOL
Nice to be back with you girls....
Hugs,
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

heidi_timms
09-29-2004, 03:34 AM
I had a pretty good week. I did my jazzercise 3 times last week, which I felt fairly good about. I tried to eat fairly good, but of course, splurged on the weekend with the eating out. My monthly bill came and the cramps were horrible, otherwise I would have squeezed in one more workout. I could hardly get out of bed and carry DD up and down the stairs.

Beth, I'm sorry you had such a scare-take it easy!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

lukkykatt
09-29-2004, 12:09 PM
I had an ok week - I think I got in 3 days of exercise. Our elliptical is STILL broken, which has been majorly messing up my routine. I've been trying to come up with some alternate things to do - I got a new Power Yoga DVD, so I'm planning on trying that out today. The repair guy is now scheduled to come back next Wed, so keep your fingers crossed!

Good to see you, Annette! And Beth - please take it easy!! I had bleeding in the first trimester both times, and always stopped working out until it passed (but in my case, I'll take any excuse not to work out).

jubilee
10-02-2004, 03:21 AM
Beth, I just saw this and wanted to say I'm so relieved all is well! I'm glad your OB did an ultrasound, the whole thing must have been SO stressful. Take it easy and keep us posted! We are all cheering for you and "Little Blob"