PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 9/27

JulieL
10-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Sorry not much to say. I let the grand excuse of AF allow me to be hiatus for the week. I did get one long kickboxing Cathe workout in. Eating wise I've been pretty good. But I have to keep my self in check this week cause we went apple picking yesterday, and you know what that means... apple pie:9 !

How are all of you? Beth did the bleeding get any better? I sure hope so!

Happy monday to all of you!

egoldber
10-04-2004, 03:11 PM
Thanks for thinking about me. :) I spotted off and on for about a week, but its finally stopped. I had another ultrasound this past Thursday and all was well, so no worries there.

But I just took it easy this week. And we visited relatives and went to several parties this weekend, so my eating was far from the best!

And considering the state of my pants, I don't think I am going to be in non-maternity clothes for much longer!

khakismom
10-04-2004, 06:25 PM
Not so bad week. Lost another 2 pounds, so I am down total 15 pounds since I've started all this. Could've done much better in the food department but we ate out 3x last week, including a visit to the Cheesecake Factory (my BIL, SIL and their kids were in town).

Not so hot in the working out. Really shooting for 4x each week. Finally got my bum to the gym on Saturday and this morning, I ran for 15 minutes straight, so I will keep chugging along.

I have a family wedding in 5 weeks so I have a nice lofty goal to shoot for! :D

Annette_C
10-04-2004, 11:46 PM
Nothing exciting to report from here, either.
I was hoping to lose some weight by now but it's not happening! I try to work out at least 3x a week but, ideally, I should work out 5-6x a week to see good results. Ohh well....
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

lukkykatt
10-05-2004, 10:54 AM
I have not much to say either. Our elliptical is supposed to be fixed today (fingers crossed) and not having it has really wrecked my routine. Plus, we've had alot of family stuff going on. I worked out a total of one time, and I'm feeling my clothes starting to get tighter around my waist agin :( Hoping for a better next week.

Kathleen, 15 pounds is fantastic!!! You must be so excited.

psophia17
10-05-2004, 12:33 PM
I gained a pound this week, so I'm not too happy, but a friend of mine and I are working on making up a personalized Access database where I can do all sorts of tracking my exercise and nutrition, which I'm really excited about. When there are many, many options to eat candy and cookies, it's really hard to drink water or have some veggies, IYKWIM.

A major kink in the plan is that DH, in an attempt to be helpful, is really getting on my nerves. I went and got some chips the other afternoon, not many, just 3 of the folded ones, and he pipes up with, "you shouldn't eat those if you want to lose weight." Now, I know that he's right, but if I see fit to eat 3 chips, that's up to me. If he wants to be helpful, he should go get some exercise with me, not be my food police. He should remember from when I did WW and got mad at him for being "helpful," but I guess his brain's a sieve.

-Petra

DS - Nathan, 12/29/03

khakismom
10-06-2004, 12:23 PM
Thanks Andrea! I really am! I just don't want to get caught up in thinking I'm done, because I would really like to lose much more. I am tall (5.11) so I can hide all this extra weight and it doesn't look like I'm that heavy. But I can tell and feel it--so I really want to drop another 40. I figured it's time to get rid of this monkey on my back. I don't want to fight this battle in my 30s the way I did in my late 20s. It's time to move on and be healthy! :)

heidis2girls
10-06-2004, 04:42 PM
Maureen, you are doing fabulous! I'm jealous! Are you following a specific diet or just cutting down? I'm trying to follow the South Beach Diet, but it is difficult to follow it all the time and I keep finding myself slipping here and there. I've also been walking for at least 30 minutes 5 or 6 times a week but I think I need to add more to my exercise regime.

Congratulations on your weight loss! Tell us your secrets!