PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 10/11

JulieL
10-18-2004, 12:31 PM
Good Morning!

Well I don't have much time right now, so it's short and sweet.

I ran 3 days, a total of 9.2 miles for the week. I am excited to say my longest run was 5.5 miles, my longest yet!

It's raining like cats and dogs today and I'm looking forward to sunny skys again. I think it's a good day for a good book and hot cocoa!

How are you?

psophia17
10-18-2004, 06:26 PM
I'm with you on the hot cocoa! :-)

After slacking off for Canadian Thanksgiving last weekend, this weekend I did a ton better and lost almost 2 lbs :-) I also signed up for aquasize classes with a friend, so I now have scheduled fitness activities 5 days a week, which should really help me over the current hump.

Does anyone know how much of an exercise bowling is? We've decided that either Friday or Saturday night will be "Family Bowling Night," but I don't know if I should count that as part of my overall fitness routine?

-Petra

DS - Nathan, 12/29/03

JulieL
10-19-2004, 11:10 AM
um, I hate to tell you this but you'll work yourself harder cooking! The only reason someone even works up a sweat bowling is cause to many people are smoking! Enjoy it though! I love bowling with friends!

psophia17
10-19-2004, 01:03 PM
I'll add the cooking I do into my fitness routine then ;-)

Chopping an onion - 2 calories in 1/2 an hour, right? I wonder how many onions I'd actually be able to chop in 1/2 an hour...but at least I'd lose weight with the tears...

Tongue firmly in cheek,
Petra

MartiesMom2B
10-19-2004, 02:53 PM
Petra

You should get a pedometer and wear it. It'll probably help you to move around an extra bit - especially when you are bowling! I love bowling. If you walk around a bit while bowling it'll help. You could even lift a couple of bowling balls b/n turns for weight resistance, but you might get some funny looks. :P

-Sonia