PDA

View Full Version : jogging stroller

ceng
11-04-2004, 12:47 PM
I have a reebok joggging stroller and nowhere in the instructions or on the website does it indicate when it is safe to put your baby in it. I have a 3 1/2 month daughter. She is 14lbs, has head control but she can't control her torso well. I want to make sure it is safe to use. Does any one know?

Lynnie
11-05-2004, 09:27 AM
i have heard that the age is usually around 6 months, at least that's what my jogging stroller said. although i do know of others which say they have some special feature to make them safe for younger babies, i just don't know what that is.

ceng
11-05-2004, 10:25 AM
Thanks. i think it is weird that the directions do not give a safe age or weight.

Saartje
11-06-2004, 03:42 AM
It's not safe to use it for running yet. Her head control just isn't good enough yet, no matter how good it is. I've seen nine months as a lowball estimate, but most recommend a bare minimum of a year and some suggest older than that.

Your jogging stroller probably didn't mention an age minimum (it has nothing to do with weight) because it's the same no matter what stroller you have. I still think they should put a big warning in it, though; shame on them for not doing so.