PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 11/8

JulieL
11-15-2004, 10:32 AM
Well I did ok this week. I ran two days a total of 5.5 miles. Not very much mileage but for some reason I have not been motivated to move much lately. Anyway I also lifted weights one day for a total body workout w/abs as well. Andrea I am definately gonna look for that recepie! I think I need to work extra hard this week as Thanksgiving Week I have family coming in town and man they wear me out big time! Anyway have a great monday!

MartiesMom2B
11-16-2004, 10:46 AM
I lost 8 lbs this past week on my first week of the South Beach Diet. I'm really suprised by this huge weight loss, I've never lost so much at once before. I'm going to try to incorporate more exercise into my routine this week.

-Sonia

khakismom
11-16-2004, 12:16 PM
I'm doing really well. Plugging along. I have lost 35 pounds total (still more to go though), and am eating lots of veggies and lean protein. I think I live on chicken and eggs and lettuce! ;)

I took a break from working out last week, and I think it did wonders. I ran for almost 5 miles straight on Sunday.

Crossing my fingers and legs, and everything else I can, that I can get thru the next month and a half without eating all the cookies and chocolate. Good luck to us all!

And congrats Sonia--8 pounds is awesome! Keep it up! :)

lukkykatt
11-16-2004, 03:17 PM
Are you sitting down? I got in 6 days of exercise last week. Ok, one of the days I just did my abs, but still that is my all time record. My eating was not stellar, but I'll just concentrate on the positive. I am getting back to writing down what I do, which helps to motivate me.

Sounds like everyone else had a great week too - congrats!

Julie, if you can't find the recipe, let me know and I'll post it again.

psophia17
11-17-2004, 11:37 PM
I had a decent week, but ate too many cookies and cake and stuff like that because we had a mess of birthday and other assorted parties to go to. I did work out four days out of seven, though, which I feel really good about.

I didn't lose any weight, but my thighs are much smaller - I can tell because my pants are loose - yippee!!!

psophia17
11-17-2004, 11:39 PM
Could you post the basics of the South Beach Diet? Now that DS is weaned, I want to do something to jump start my eating habits, and I've heard enough about it that I think it might work for me, but I'm not quite sure...

Thanks!

heidi_timms
11-18-2004, 01:12 AM
Wow, I'm jealous all of you ladies doing so well losing weight! Great Job!!!

I had an okay week last week. I did my Jazzercise three times last week. Plus, I squeezed in a few more servings of veggies, which was a good thing.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

MartiesMom2B
11-18-2004, 01:40 PM
Basically you eat a lot of veggies, lean meats, reduced fat dairy products and whole grains. It's also called a "Whole Foods" diet. Because you want to eat food that's not so processed.

The first two weeks are the hardest. You eat no starches, grains, and no fruits, and basically no sugar. This process helps you to get your body off of it's dependency on carbs and refined sugars. I have to admit that last night I almost had it - I was hungry and I just didn't want to eat one more salad! But I had some celery with some peanut butter and I felt better. Some side effects of this two week process is fatigue and irritablility. But that's if you don't eat on a regular basis (including breakfast and snacks!)

The next phase you introduce fruit back into your diet and a limited amount of whole grain starches.

I suggest to at least get the book from the library and read it over. The purpose of this diet for me is to get my cholesterol in check before I have to take medication. Plus my husband has a horrible history of heart disease in his family. I need him to be around longer than his dad was, when he passed away at 56.

-Sonia

MartiesMom2B
11-18-2004, 01:42 PM
Maureen!!!!! I've missed you. Are you doing the SBD too? Running for 5 miles! That's awesome. What keeps you motivated? I don't know if I could ever run that much (by choice).

-Sonia

Edited to say that I missed Maureen not that I miseed her. LOL

JulieL
11-18-2004, 02:46 PM
YEAH MAUREEN AND SONIA FOR LOSING SO MANY LBS!!!

I'm right now motivating myself to workout late tonight after E.R. - it's a mental thing ifykwim!

I'm so excited by all of your successes - keep it up!

khakismom
11-18-2004, 05:05 PM
Sonia, I'm doing a modified SBD thing, but low-fat too. It's pretty restricted, if I say so myself. Some days are easy on it. Other days, I'm ready to strangle someone. ;)

And if you stick to the SBD, you should definitely see your cholesterol level drop significantly. My mom started it about a year ago when her level was 240. She's been doing it--plus powerwalking 4-5 days a week (which she already did anyway)--for almost a year now and her cholesterol is in the 160s, plus she lost 19 pounds total. She had her level checked 6-8 months after she started and it was 165. So I believe it does work. She didn't want to have to take the meds (Lipitor).

As for me, the running has taken me a month or so to build up to it. I didn't start out running. I just walked really fast. And my big motivation is knowing that I am a little over 20 pounds away from reaching my goal weight (which always looked so unachievable to me in the past). :) :) :) (Of course, once I get there, I would love to lose another 10-15 more to hit my "fantasy weight." :D)

And I've missed all you guys! I am really trying to squeeze in more board time, but it's been hard.

egoldber
11-19-2004, 02:19 PM
OK, I'm back! After my first trimester hiatus, I have finally started working out again.

I started back with trainer and I am doing my weight trainins/cardio combo workouts. I am trying to do 4 days a week, but I seem to only make it into the gym about 3 days.

I also find that I get tired much more easily than before. After I do the weight training, I have a hard time doing more than 20 minutes of cardio.

Anyway, I was at the gym 3 days last week and I hope to at least keep that up!

JulieL
11-19-2004, 03:50 PM
Beth that is just great! I am SSOOOOOO glad things are going better in your pregnancy. Working out is the best gift you can give yourself and your baby, even if it's inconsistant. Keep it up!

jk3
11-22-2004, 07:29 AM
I'm getting back into this game pre-holidays! I walked for 45 minutes 3x this past week. My friend gave me a one week trial at her gym (my old gym actually but that's another story) so if DS likes the babysitting, I'll be able to go 2-3x/week. I have very little motivation at the moment but I'm trying to change my mindset. I have about 10-15 pounds to lose + keep off so that's my goal. I will try to go back on South Beach + to stick to it even during the holidays which will be a difficult task. Good luck to everyone. It sounds like you're doing a great job!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png