PDA

View Full Version : Well I've done it. . . I belong to a gym (well kinda)

MartiesMom2B
11-19-2004, 12:43 PM
This has been a week of amazement for me in this household! First of all I fit into a slinky little suit that I haven't been able to wear since before I was pregnant. And then yesterday, DH and I signed up for a membership at a weight room at a local park facility. It was only $30 for the both of us and there's no contract so it was pretty appealing to me. The only thing that the room doesn't have that I wish it did, was an eplitical machine - I guess I'll have to make do on the exercise bike or the treadmill.

-Sonia

houseof3boys
11-19-2004, 01:02 PM
Well well well, before long you'll be walking around that weight room with a thong workout outfit on. :)

You should pressure them about the elliptical machine. They really are great!!!

Go get em frick. :P

MartiesMom2B
11-19-2004, 02:04 PM
Frack:

I'll have you know that I do prance around the weight room in my thong workout outfit anyway. ;) Hee hee.

-Sonia

egoldber
11-19-2004, 02:15 PM
Good for you! You go girl!!! :)

JulieL
11-19-2004, 03:54 PM
Well you've gone hard core now! Here's a tip, bring disinfectant wipes with you and wipe down before you workout. During this flu/cold season that is a prime area infection can be spread. That should be fun for you and DH to go together, maybe he can wear a thong too so you'll be matching ;-)

MartiesMom2B
11-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Oooh that's such a good tip about the wipes. DH and I won't be able to go together unless we drop Martie off somewhere. So far I think I'll go when Martie has mothers morning out and during the weekends. DH says that he's going to lift after she goes to bed.

-Sonia

houseof3boys
11-19-2004, 08:08 PM
Of that, I have no doubt. :)

CYE!

pritchettzoo
11-19-2004, 09:29 PM
Would you like my elliptical machine? I think it's buried under empty brownie boxes...

Is there a wolf-whistle smiley? Congrats on your slinky suit and thong-attire! :)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)

jubilee
11-22-2004, 01:49 AM
Sonia- you'll be a Power Babe in no time! :) As for the disinfectant, you should also bring two towels. One for you (wipe your face, etc.) and one for the machines/bench. If you lay the towel down on the part of the machine that would be touching you, you will be much less likely to get anything. I have a friend that got a fungal rash on her back from the gym- it was nasty. She passed that tip onto me. Have fun!

MartiesMom2B
11-23-2004, 01:39 PM
Ewwww fungal rash! That's really gross. Note to self - make sure most of skin does not touch the machine. Blech!

-Sonia