PDA

View Full Version : Posting week 11/22

JulieL
11-29-2004, 10:47 AM
Ok I don't know about you but yesterday after all the family was flying or driving back to their homes I spent most of the day relaxing!!! For my choice of major relaxing was reading a great book! I ran around and drove around like a chicken w/it's head cut off all week, so I badly needed to recoop!

But... even though as three different families competed for our time I still managed to get in 3 workouts, YEAH! I ran 3 miles on monday. Then I got a lower body workout done Thanksgiving afternoon (it really helped with the guilt ;-) ) And on saturday I got an upper body workout in - I tried to up my weights and well I'm still hurting today! So all in all I was quite surprised at myself. Oh and I cleaned like a maniac so my in-laws could come over - does that count as a fourth workout? Anyway that is me.

I hope you all had a great holiday. For me my thanksgiving "I grateful for..." was that all of the family members behaved themselves! Remember if all you did was eat yummy fatty food all week that's ok, I hope you'll still check in with us. Remember you can make up for it this week!

khakismom
11-29-2004, 12:04 PM
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Mine was lovely--the whole fam spent a few days at my parent's lake house at Lake of the Ozarks and we all just relaxed and shopped and slept! :)

I did get 4 workouts in last week--YAY! And I'm up to running 4 miles each time. I'm shooting for 5x now each week--we'll see how I do. But I lost another 4 pounds, so I am down a hair under 40 pounds lost. It makes a big impression on me when I look at Kathleen because she weighs 36 pounds. So I look at her and think "wow, I lost her" and think about how heavy she is when I carry her and that I was carrying all that on me every day.

stella
11-29-2004, 09:52 PM
Maureen - how did you work up to 4 miles? For a while I was doing the couch to 5k program on coolrunning.com, but I lost my motivation and am struggling to get it back. I just freaked out at the thought of running 20 minutes without stopping. I think my problem is mental. Also, when do you run? In the mornings? evenings? at lunchtime?

Please respond - I think it's great that you have lost so much and are running so far - you are my inspiraion!!

khakismom
11-30-2004, 03:37 PM
Claire, I'm really not sure how I built up to 4 miles! LOL! What I had been doing was powerwalking for 50 minutes with 5 mins of warm-up and 5 of cool-down, so one hour total. I typically was going 4.2-4.5 mph on the tread and logging almost 4 miles. All I did was during some of that walking was push the mph up to 4.8-5.0 and start to run. It eventually got easier and easier and now I can go consistently for 4 miles at 4.8. It's not that fast, but hey, I'm running! (Now I sound like Forrest Gump! :D)

I figure now that I have the mileage down, I will work my way up to going faster gradually. :) I hope this helps!

Oh, and I usually run in the mornings, but maybe once a week run at nite after the girls are in bed.

MartiesMom2B
12-01-2004, 04:26 PM
Uhm I exercised my mouth a lot last week does that count? I had a not so stress-free holiday, being at my in-laws and then going to my 10 year reunion and drinking many (5)a gin and tonic to soothe my nerves there. Hee hee.

I'm back on track on my diet this week, and still haven't been able to hit the gym while Martie was in mother's day out. I had to grocery shop yesterday and today I substituted at school for the 2s.

-Sonia

lukkykatt
12-01-2004, 04:27 PM
I worked out 5 times last week, so was quite proud of myself. I even worked out on Thanksgiving and we were hosting. I guess I felt obligated so I could indulge in a more guilt-free manner! Yes, I did have 2 pieces of pie...

Kathleen, I am so excited for you with your weight loss! I bet you are ready to go on a big shopping spree soon!

JulieL
12-01-2004, 04:53 PM
I've worked up to 5.5 miles and I would say just listen to your body. The running rule of thumb is increase your run by 10% at a time. I have not gone by that rule and have been fine. Push yourself to what is comfortable. Start by saying one more lap and go from there. Good Luck!

heidi_timms
12-02-2004, 02:51 PM
Maureen! Congrats on your weight loss! I wish the pounds were coming off here. I only worked out once last week due to traveling-boo hoo! I didn't really overeat on Thanksgiving, but we tend to eat out a lot, which is why nothing is budging probably.

Congrats to you ladies who got in a full week of workouts last week. Way to go!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

psophia17
12-04-2004, 05:40 PM
I had a migraine this last week that went from Wednesday night to Friday morning, so only got two workouts in.

I'm trying so hard to eat right, too, but I'm craving salt and chocolate like nothing else, and since there's lots of the two of them in the house, well, my willpower isn't holding up. I'm still drinking lots of v8 juice, though, so hopefully it'll even out somewhere....hopefully...